BYC Survey - Trying to better understand our users!

Also if I'm not mistaken there is I'd rather not state option for that question..

In one sense, none of it is "their business." On the other hand, if you want to see ads be more suitable to the people here, it helps ensure this. These questions were all asking ranges -- they didn't ask age or BD, but age range; same for income. And being BYC approved, I'm not worried that it is collecting personal information off my computer, which happens to all of us every day we're on the web, unless we're really smart about preventing it, and even then, I'm not so sure.

In some cases, the survey stopped working before it was done. I once clicked on it to indicate I'd take the survey, and it promptly disappeared. There are glitches in everything, it seems. And it did have some chicken related questions -- plus golf, fishing, and I don't remember....

Of course, if you're not comfortable taking something like this, it's simple enough to say "no thanks."

Yup, you can skip questions that you don't want to answer or skip the survey completely... to each their own.

An example: I use a grocery store club card. I don't really care if they track what I spend, especially if I can get coupons for it. It's not like I'm buying ingredients to make explosives or to print fake money.

That said, I have a friend who wouldn't use a club card if his life depended on it. He thinks it's an invasion of privacy. I respect that he has his own opinions and can make his own choices based on his feelings.

The same applies to everything we ALL do online. We choose how much info to provide or not provide on a personal level... to each their own.

We don't require the demographic info from all or even any of our users, but it definitely helps us get better ads (both better in quality and rate) which ends up helping everyone.

Yup, you can skip questions that you don't want to answer or skip the survey completely... to each their own.

An example: I use a grocery store club card. I don't really care if they track what I spend, especially if I can get coupons for it. It's not like I'm buying ingredients to make explosives or to print fake money.

That said, I have a friend who wouldn't use a club card if his life depended on it. He thinks it's an invasion of privacy. I respect that he has his own opinions and can make his own choices based on his feelings.

The same applies to everything we ALL do online. We choose how much info to provide or not provide on a personal level... to each their own.

We don't require the demographic info from all or even any of our users, but it definitely helps us get better ads (both better in quality and rate) which ends up helping everyone.

I see what you mean about the ads. And that makes sense. Thank you for explaining :)

Back
Top Bottom