BYC Team Beef

What Are Your Favorite Cuts of Beef?

• Total voters
Pics
Rib eye as a roast.
NY strip / Porterhouse as a steak
Filet mignon / tenderloin is over rated (edit: wellington as the exception). As is skirt.
The cap of top sirloin is my favorite for flavor, tenderness, and price point
Heart is the only offal/organ meat I'll eat
Short/flanken ribs are mighty tasty.
I love tails, but stopped eating them due to spinal cord/mad cow.

Last edited:

00c9107ba7aaf1166ccd6f2470c5be28.jpg

I picked other.

Pretty much all beef that I don't have to spend my time cutting off the globs of nasty fat.... I love. Lots of marbling is good, surface and intramuscular fat is bad. YUCK!!!

Also.... there are only two decent ways to cook steak. Blue rare, and very rare. If I go to a restaurant I order blue rare if they offer it. Typically it comes plated as barely rare. Every once in a while though, it comes with a cool dark purple center. Mmmmmm............

I picked other.

Pretty much all beef that I don't have to spend my time cutting off the globs of nasty fat.... I love. Lots of marbling is good, surface and intramuscular fat is bad. YUCK!!!

Also.... there are only two decent ways to cook steak. Blue rare, and very rare. If I go to a restaurant I order blue rare if they offer it. Typically it comes plated as barely rare. Every once in a while though, it comes with a cool dark purple center. Mmmmmm............
AKA "Scare it with a match".

NOT judging. I've had it before and it was delicious. My stomach just can't do that rare any more, sadly. Medium rare i as rare as I can handle any more.

I picked other.

The fat is the best bit!

Back
Top Bottom