Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hm, good to know. I put stuff in albums specifically when I want a fluid storage system for images that I can edit repeatedly and keep up to date. If that's not the intended function, then I can certainly do something else instead... just let me know what the verdict is. :caf
I am seeing the same thing that you are seeing when you look at that in the album. If you open a photo, you will find more options available such as set as avatar, edit media item, edit image, change thumbnail, move media item and delete media item.

One choice that I am no longer seeing is the ability to set the image as the album cover or the option to set the album cover to alternate from one image to others.

Can you link where they were? Were they posted as attachments, or linked from somewhere else?

The old pic screen had the "upload file" button so I used that from my "Amazon photos" directly into threads. Then the next time I wanted that picture it was there and I could "insert image".
:idunno
I am sooooo not tech savvy.

I think I still have my old device....and if it will turn on I can try to move the pics to a sim card......

Just thinking I may not be the only one having to re-upload everything......

Last edited:
1579026633554.png

What is note/tag mode?

This is all very new to all of us. Yes, it will take time to learn now to navigate BYC all over again. There will always be things we may not care for on the new format, other functions will become useful as you use the new BYC.
Ditto Dat!
Not to mention they are still massaging things that couldn't be foreseen prior to implementation.

I like the new update! It may take a while to get back in the swing of it, but it’s very nice. Idk if someone has already said it, but you can no longer see the OP of a thread without looking at the first post? It is a little extra work, and before you could see because it OP sign was next to the avatar. Now how else can we tell?

I'm not really digging the "new posts" part of this upgrade. Every time I (or whomever) posts anywhere it pops up on the home screen. If you insist on keeping it (maybe others really like it?) I think it would be better for the "new threads" tab to be the default, not the posts. Just my opinion!

I know you guys are still working on it and dealing with everyone and their issues at the same time and it's very much appreciated!

was this not the way it has always been?
The new posts section before wouldn’t show older posts someone had posted into, but every new post caused a new list to populate, right?

I like the new update! It may take a while to get back in the swing of it, but it’s very nice. Idk if someone has already said it, but you can no longer see the OP of a thread without looking at the first post? It is a little extra work, and before you could see because it OP sign was next to the avatar. Now how else can we tell?
There's a little brown label on the right side of the blue bar above every post the OP makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom