BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

Pics
I candled my sticky eggs from Greenfire Farms. Fortunately I only put those in that line of the incubator as their foam shipper's adhesive is now on my incubator. Hoping I can get it all out without too much trouble. :old I regret setting them now as I have sticky eggs rolling around in my bator, but the eggs weren't cheap and too late for a do-over and at this point, I'm going to see how they do. Sadly, their black pita pintas were all clear, in addition to being sticky. The others, including others with the glue, are developing fairly well for now. Hopefully the glue isn't something toxic that's going to harm the developing embryos.

On a more positive note, the other eggs from two other places, all American Bresse, are developing well and I'm starting to get excited about adding this new breed! :jumpy
:wee
After it is all done vegetable oil takes sticky stuff off real well. Then removing oil is simpler. Ask GFF about sticky. I didn’t have any of that on mine and of 12 Black Pita Pintas 7 hatched. Maybe they’ll send more eggs.

:wee
After it is all done vegetable oil takes sticky stuff off real well. Then removing oil is simpler. Ask GFF about sticky. I didn’t have any of that on mine and of 12 Black Pita Pintas 7 hatched. Maybe they’ll send more eggs.
I did reach out when I first got them and they seemed to feel like since no one else has complained it wasn't something they were overly concerned about. I sent them pictures and video, but I think they thought I was trying to get extras and offered no replacements. I would be more understanding if it had been something the post office had done as we all know that's out of buyer's and seller's hands. :confused: Good to know about the vegetable oil. Will definitely use that on my incubator when we're done with this batch.

I wasn't set on the pita pintas so, while they would have been a fun addition, I'm not heartbroken over those. It may be that their rooster is on vacation for a bit. It wouldn't be unheard of this time of year, I suppose. I am glad the rest are developing though. I was really mostly after the Bresse in that variety box as I had already lost out on the Bresse-only auction. The Light Sussex and Malines are also developing and were another fun surprise in that box. Fingers crossed! :fl

I candled my sticky eggs from Greenfire Farms. Fortunately I only put those in that line of the incubator as their foam shipper's adhesive is now on my incubator. Hoping I can get it all out without too much trouble. :old I regret setting them now as I have sticky eggs rolling around in my bator, but the eggs weren't cheap and too late for a do-over and at this point, I'm going to see how they do. Sadly, their black pita pintas were all clear, in addition to being sticky. The others, including others with the glue, are developing fairly well for now. Hopefully the glue isn't something toxic that's going to harm the developing embryos.

On a more positive note, the other eggs from two other places, all American Bresse, are developing well and I'm starting to get excited about adding this new breed! :jumpy
I am sorry to hear about the pita pinta and other eggs!

Where the eggs from an auction?

I am sorry to hear about the pita pinta and other eggs!

Where the eggs from an auction?
Yes, Greenfire Farms lists eggs from their exceptional birds for auction on ebay at various times of the year. I was thrilled to have got these, but disappointed by the way the adhesive used to attach two parts of their foam shipper together is all over a good part of the eggs. Hopefully will still manage to get a few birds from them.

Yes, Greenfire Farms lists eggs from their exceptional birds for auction on ebay at various times of the year. I was thrilled to have got these, but disappointed by the way the adhesive used to attach two parts of their foam shipper together is all over a good part of the eggs. Hopefully will still manage to get a few birds from them.
I hope so too!

Thinking back on unpacking the pitas there wasn’t any adhesive used to hold the top layer of foam on. Strange I hope they didn’t change their shipping method

Thinking back on unpacking the pitas there wasn’t any adhesive used to hold the top layer of foam on. Strange I hope they didn’t change their shipping method
There was no adhesive on the top layer of mine either. The bottom "plate" is glued to the part that has holes in it. Honestly, their box and shipper fit together so perfectly I can't see why it needs to be glued.

Everything about their eggs and shipping came so close to perfect which I think is what really got me when I saw all of that glue on their beautiful eggs. So close! I am trying to be positive and hope for the best, in any case, but every time I candle them it hurts me a little bit. Haha!

There was no adhesive on the top layer of mine either. The bottom "plate" is glued to the part that has holes in it. Honestly, their box and shipper fit together so perfectly I can't see why it needs to be glued.

Everything about their eggs and shipping came so close to perfect which I think is what really got me when I saw all of that glue on their beautiful eggs. So close! I am trying to be positive and hope for the best, in any case, but every time I candle them it hurts me a little bit. Haha!
I see. Agree the fit of the box shouldn’t require adhesive. The pita eggs were a very snug fit so they probably never made it to the bottom glued part. I still have the box I’ll have to take it apart and see how far the glue went inside.

Back
Top Bottom