BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

Pics
View attachment 2946442

All fluffed up now. She’s not quite steady enough on her feet to go into the brooder, but she will be soon. No sign of life from the other three eggs. So…Do I make a TSC run this morning to see if they happen to have any chicks? If none of the others in this batch hatch, she’ll be alone for three weeks until my next group hatches. Decisions, decisions…
You might try small mirror and small stuffed toy if TSC doesn’t have chicks. None of our feed stores have any chicks this time of year.

I woke up to my first chick of the year!
PXL_20220101_151732096.jpg

I'm out.
All 5 of my eggs were clears.
That's OK. I hadn't originally planned on incubating till the end of January or even February.
The cockerel may have been too young. I'll find out the next time I set.
I was sooo tempted to set some but didn’t want to brood in the garage all Winter. Thankfully the rational part of my brain overtook the impulsive part; this time! 😆 I probably won’t try until the end of February.

12 is all I got. I had to pull the last 2 eggs they never pipped, and still had a bit of liquid in candling.
So... contest wise...15 set, one clear pulled early on, and the last 2 quitters.

12ok.PNG

I took these pics today. New year's names.

12oa.PNG

Happy
12ob.PNG

Toast
12o.PNG

Bubbly
12oc.PNG

Joy
12od.PNG

Dancer
12oe.PNG

Midnight
12of.PNG

Starry
12og.PNG

Bright
12oh.PNG

Twinkle
12oi.PNG

Dawn
12oj.PNG

I had to erase the number 12 chick's pic, because he moved, but you get the idea. Dad was EE with feathered feet. Moms were LO, brahma bantam mix, and one Blue bell egger.
3ar.PNG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom