Ended BYC's 15th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along—2024—Chilly Coop Contest!

Not an entry:

I wanted to share this picture of my first coop from back in December 2013. This coop was known as the Church, and for those who have heard me talk about my flock called the Church Birds, this was the coop they were named after and they were the coop's final flock that lived in it before it retired.

100_3647.JPG

@Jenbirdee, The front windows were plexiglassed on the wire part, but not completely over like the side windows (there are still some very small cracks). There are vents drilled in above the front windows.
IMG_1414.jpeg

There are windows in the back of the coop, inside the run. These are not covered, they are left open at night. The chickens seem to like the fresh air, and stay by the windows (but not so much that they are cramming for air).
IMG_1401.jpeg

Tonight was the first night we did not leave those windows open, it snowed for the first time (in the chicken’s lives) and it is extremely cold and windy. Do you think they should still be left open, or cracked slightly?

Last edited:
Lovely coop!

Hey, do you have a picture of it that doesn't have a date stamp on it?
We purchased a portable carport at the same time as our Rhode Island XL Coop from the Chicken Coop Company because we live in the city and did not have a tree to shade the coop. We recently added plastic as a windbreaker for our run. Our Buff Orpingtons are 8 months old and regularly providing us with eggs.
20240110_121908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom