Ended BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—How Many Does it Take to Make the Wicked Witch's Brew?—We Can Count... Can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Do you prefer quail eggs to Chicken eggs?
Why & why not? I'm super curious!
I prefer quail and pheasant eggs to chicken smaller size and different yolk to white ratio and I happen to like raw quail eggs (like found on sushi menu) mr muddy prefers duck eggs. Rich yolk that almost has a cheese flavor/texture

I prefer quail and pheasant eggs to chicken smaller size and different yolk to white ratio and I happen to like raw quail eggs (like found on sushi menu) mr muddy prefers duck eggs. Rich yolk that almost has a cheese flavor/texture
And I should add that i always prefer homegrown eggs to store bought regardless of type of egg and since I have no chickens anymore that plays a part in my preference

Interesting thank you. I have to agree with mr muddy on those duck eggs, good stuff. :) If I would have known at the time our Rouen/Pekin hens were going to turn out to be such great egg layer, I would have not purchased the four Isa Brown chicks at the same time as the ducklings.

Since I like Eggnog and out of curiosity, I made some homemade Eggnog using duck eggs and was very surprised at the enjoyable rich flavor over using plain chicken eggs. Then again, maybe the Spiced Rum had something to do with it! :gig

Interesting thank you. I have to agree with mr muddy on those duck eggs, good stuff. :) If I would have known at the time our Rouen/Pekin hens were going to turn out to be such great egg layer, I would have not purchased the four Isa Brown chicks at the same time as the ducklings.

Since I like Eggnog and out of curiosity, I made some homemade Eggnog using duck eggs and was very surprised at the enjoyable rich flavor over using plain chicken eggs. Then again, maybe the Spiced Rum had something to do with it! :gig
I would love to try some of that homemade eggnog this season but sadly my duck has taken vacation and I’m all out of duck eggs :th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom