Ended BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Spooky Treats and Halloween Eats!

Pics

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Dec 12, 2013
KY
full

Boo! Who will win our Spooky Treats and Halloween Eats Contest? You probably guessed that October would be jam-packed with sweets, treats, and all sorts of Halloween trickery. We'd love to see your artistic Trick or Eat creations entered for a chance to win a prize. Three entries per member: An entry consists of one or two images of your homemade tasty Halloween treats, cookies, cakes, candies, and other goodies! Show us your creations!

Photography Tips from BYC's jolenesdad
Photography Tips from BYC's mdees88

How to enter
To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread.

Rules:
  • This contest is open to all BYC members, not just Halloween HAL participants.
  • Three entries per member. An entry consists of one or two images of the item.
  • The food item needs to have been made by you or someone in your immediate family.
  • The picture(s) needs to have been taken by you.
  • No overly-edited images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
  • No screenshots, no collages, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  • Extra consideration for picture quality and creativity!
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  • Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  • All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  • Entries will be accepted until October 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Prizes
PlacePrize
First Place$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States, they will be awarded the PFM.

Sugar Skulls 10-27.jpg
IMG_3745.jpg
IMG_1159.JPG
From left to right, @SueT, @Grammy60, & @Peaches Lee

Examples You Might Create.jpg

full

If you have not yet joined us at BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-a-Long, click HERE and come say hi!

Yay!!! This is super fun! I have a couple things planned already if I can just remember to take pictures. :barnie
I love to make scary food but... then I don't want to eat it. It kind of grosses me out.
Luckily for me no one else has that problem.
I made dessert cow eyes 3 years ago. This is not an entry because it is NOT my picture, but they looked just like this...
1634353914512.png

Those are cool! How do you make them?
Unflavored gelatin, and coconut milk, and paste food coloring. Lol, those are the ingredients I remember because I didn't have that stuff in my kitchen and had to make a special trip to the store to get them.
I also had to buy those round ice cube molds to put them in to set up, from Amazon.
1634354396277.png

Everyone at my Halloween party thought they were amazing, but most people wouldn't try them, lol.

Yay!!! This is super fun! I have a couple things planned already if I can just remember to take pictures. :barnie
I love to make scary food but... then I don't want to eat it. It kind of grosses me out.
Luckily for me no one else has that problem.
I made dessert cow eyes 3 years ago. This is not an entry because it is NOT my picture, but they looked just like this...
View attachment 2867508

Looking forward to what you come up with for this year!

It might be hard to top cow eyeballs :gig

Back
Top Bottom