BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I do. Hatched chicks never bother the ones that are left, they stay cleaner. Used to punch holes in the bottom of the carton for air flow but the last two times I haven’t. That’s been working fine.
Would that method work for eggs that have been incubated horizontally?????

I feel ashamed... I didn't hatch one single chick this year. Lost one broody and the other hasn't been interested either... *shakes head in shame* I bought chicks instead. Wanted some colors in my egg cartons..

And no I will not hatch chicks now. Chicken math is out of control.. hubby said one 15.. I have almost twice that many now... hehehehe. I don't think he even tries anymore to keep the # at 15..

Going to set these 22 eggs in a little bit (its 8:20? AM here, we are on central time). These are mostly Silkie mixes, hopefully will get some pure bred possibly. Could even possibly get Polish or Phoenix? The 5 bigger eggs are from a barred rock hen, but I don't know what they'd be mixed with?!
Curious to see what comes from these. (I pretty much already have most of these sold as mixed chicks, but we may consider keeping 2 or 3 if they turn out pretty...?)
20211010_080201.jpg

I just had a Silkie-Phoenix chick hatch from under my golden laced sebright hen and its adorable!! :love (pictured)
20211009_112952.jpg
20211009_113000.jpg
20211009_113019.jpg

Also, a good tip when setting eggs is to always candle the eggs beforehand to see any cracks or imperfections. 👍
20211010_080354.jpg

I do. Hatched chicks never bother the ones that are left, they stay cleaner. Used to punch holes in the bottom of the carton for air flow but the last two times I haven’t. That’s been working fine.
I had a double hatch, when I first started hatching eggs over13 years ago. I didn't even know it was a double, we thought it might be a huge chick. They hatched out on their own, but I tried since then and I've never gotten doubles to hatch again.
I had double ducklings and they got all the way to hatch day but then died. One was grey and one was black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom