BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hi everyone! :) I have 3 eggs that haven’t hatch and today is day 23. Should I just be patient and wait another day or 2 or attempt an assisted hatch or just open them? Any advice is appreciated! :)
This is a tough call. I've attempted to assist them and it's been too soon. I've attempted to assist them and it's been too late. But sometimes, it works and it's just right and you save the chick.

Can you candle the egg to see the position of the chick? Or see if the chick is moving? My rule of thumb is, if you attempt to open the shell and the membrane bleeds...it's too soon. Sometimes the embryo is breech (the wrong way) and they're unable to pip properly. I've had a few that I've saved from this.

There is no chance of hatching if you make the omelet.
Do you add mushrooms to the omelet? :pop
Cheese, steak and salsa with avocado. I didn’t know there were mushrooms in the fridge or they would have been added.
Oh and no worries. Plenty of eggs in incubator. One of 5 eggs are out tonight

Hi everyone! :) I have 3 eggs that haven’t hatch and today is day 23. Should I just be patient and wait another day or 2 or attempt an assisted hatch or just open them? Any advice is appreciated! :)
Check for signs of life. Candle and see if they internally pipped and see if there are any chicks inside to chirp at you.

Sometimes you will find one or two still going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom