BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
There are a few things you could try. Since this is a new incubator, you could contact the company/business where you purchased this incubator. Tell them what happened, it is assumed that this item would have some type of warranty. Perhaps they can advise regarding the temperature fluctuations. Perhaps they can replace this unit after this hatch.

In the meantime to save this hatch, if you own an infrared thermometer, you could take the temperature of the eggs at each side of the fluctuation to determine if the fluctuation has much bearing on the egg temperatures. You would know if it made much difference and/or ease your mind.

You could try by keeping the room at a higher temperature (if possible) so the incubator doesn't cycle as much. Or you could try covering the incubator to help insulate it and minimize cycling and fluctuations. You could even try placing it in a larger box that can be closed to hold the heat in. This is what I'd try.

*Please make certain that the incubator doesn't get too hot if you do try changing the environment of the incubator. It shouldn't, but I tend to air on the side of caution. :thumbsup
Wicked
Here’s one of two that I’ve built out of foam insulation. Not air tight but really works well. These have worked in the barn so far with temps In the 50’s. I actually built them for inside the house as temps fluctuated by 10 degrees. But alas I’ve been banned to the shop and had to adapt. Lol
They don’t get too hot.
2209F375-3C34-4508-9A9D-7929BF5BEF8C.jpeg
EB0D0966-E1B1-47F1-AC1A-8E8FC9E8E270.jpeg

Sorry but I'm unavailable because my hens began to molt so there not laying😭
Welcome!! You can still follow along and watch all the hatchings!
I've been hatching for a while and I still learn things. Everyone has great ideas. :thumbsup

Plus, there are some fantastic contests you can check out!:celebrate

Wicked
Here’s one of two that I’ve built out of foam insulation. Not air tight but really works well. These have worked in the barn so far with temps In the 50’s. I actually built them for inside the house as temps fluctuated by 10 degrees. But alas I’ve been banned to the shop and had to adapt. Lol
They don’t get too hot.
View attachment 2875594View attachment 2875595
Oh wow! That's outstanding! :clap:bow Thank you so much for sharing!
This is so much better than what I had conceptualized.

I might be giggling a bit about the banning part. :p

There are a few things you could try. Since this is a new incubator, you could contact the company/business where you purchased this incubator. Tell them what happened, it is assumed that this item would have some type of warranty. Perhaps they can advise regarding the temperature fluctuations. Perhaps they can replace this unit after this hatch.

In the meantime to save this hatch, if you own an infrared thermometer, you could take the temperature of the eggs at each side of the fluctuation to determine if the fluctuation has much bearing on the egg temperatures. You would know if it made much difference and/or ease your mind.

You could try by keeping the room at a higher temperature (if possible) so the incubator doesn't cycle as much. Or you could try covering the incubator to help insulate it and minimize cycling and fluctuations. You could even try placing it in a larger box that can be closed to hold the heat in. This is what I'd try.

*Please make certain that the incubator doesn't get too hot if you do try changing the environment of the incubator. It shouldn't, but I tend to air on the side of caution. :thumbsup

I have already contacted the manufacturer and will be seeking a refund over a replacement. Also i have had a small space heater in the bathroom cause I had the same thought…so I moved the govee to a stationary spot in the incubator and it has been holding a steady temp. I guess it wasn’t a good idea to let the govee turn with the eggs, fluctuations in temp readings must have been off due to that. At this point it’s Jesus take the wheel, one more week 🙏 thanks for taking the time to respond 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom