BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I have already contacted the manufacturer and will be seeking a refund over a replacement. Also i have had a small space heater in the bathroom cause I had the same thought…so I moved the govee to a stationary spot in the incubator and it has been holding a steady temp. I guess it wasn’t a good idea to let the govee turn with the eggs, fluctuations in temp readings must have been off due to that. At this point it’s Jesus take the wheel, one more week 🙏 thanks for taking the time to respond 😃
You totally beat me to everything! :gig :highfive:
That's are great ideas! Hopefully everything goes well with this hatch. :fl

Pretty sure the last one quit. Will let it stay a bit longer. No movement and not internally pipped.
9959F20A-BFC0-43E7-B368-AB74D1E25810.jpeg

You totally beat me to everything! :gig :highfive:
That's are great ideas! Hopefully everything goes well with this hatch. :fl
Thank you so much! I’ve never done a hatch a long before and I’ve really enjoyed being a part of it. It’s nice to have the support and share all the emotions that go with this whole process ❤️

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I’ve never done a hatch a long before and I’ve really enjoyed being a part of it. It’s nice to have the support and share all the emotions that go with this whole process ❤️
It's unfortunate it's been a rough start for you.
But you sound like you have everything under control. :thumbsup
Everything learned goes into our toolbox for later.
Experience is a great teacher. :)

Most of the eggs in the second batch of Silkies/Polkies have externally pipped! 😃
Placed safety holes in the remainder as these are pullet eggs with higher chance of malpositioning. Will see how the separators work while we are gone today.
I added a second separator basket for the uncontained eggs instead of letting them be “loose“ in the incubator as one of my mixed chicks, that hatched the other day, got itself wedged between the plastic separator and the side of the incubator. Hopefully this will prevent that from happening. Incubation and hatching is all about trial and error!😊
34AFB8FA-4EC3-4143-9C74-F9C5FE370637.jpeg

I made it home and Frankie was severely shrink wrapped even though i coated with oil. I got in a little too big a hurry and she has not yet absorbed yolk so I kept her in the small portion of shell where yolk attached and :fl :fl She does as well as Boo did. I candled others but no external pips yet so I’m going to try and be more cautious with them because I will be home to monitor them more closely tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom