BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Cute teddy bear chicks all grown up.
170C6031-1840-4C2D-BEF8-D5BB3B5FE309.jpeg

White Cornish
Upside down rooster. This one was saved. I’ve lost 3
589C3A76-A8F9-4AE2-AB9A-0CEEA9053B8E.jpeg

It seems to happen to the roosters.

Yeah I think some of my quail chicks have been bigger!!!! So fragile too!!!! Definitely learned a lot from this experience
I put a safety hole in after they have internally pipped. If they have a small rounded bill like they are supposed to have they won't be able to ever externally pip. They wait to long and run out of energy/air.
It's the opposite of all the advice of hands off for other birds, but it's the way I have been able to hatch a hundred and more call ducks.
I've lost call ducks too, not everything will live of course. I'm sorry for all the lost baby ducks.
I hope Frankie pulls through. 💚

I put a safety hole in after they have internally pipped. If they have a small rounded bill like they are supposed to have they won't be able to ever externally pip. They wait to long and run out of energy/air.
It's the opposite of all the advice of hands off for other birds, but it's the way I have been able to hatch a hundred and more call ducks.
I've lost call ducks too, not everything will live of course. I'm sorry for all the lost baby ducks.
I hope Frankie pulls through. 💚
I used the screw method from your article to open safety hole for the last 3 and while I was too late in doing so, it worked great and made the process much easier! I now feel more confident when I’m able to try again. There’s a learning curve to all hatching and while all losses are upsetting, at least I gained knowledge, confidence, and experience!!!

I do. Hatched chicks never bother the ones that are left, they stay cleaner. Used to punch holes in the bottom of the carton for air flow but the last two times I haven’t. That’s been working fine.
Logic of female - buy NR360 auto rotating. Insert eggs upright in egg carton, turn manually. 🤦‍♀️ I tried the turner once..it flipped one of my smaller eggs over the divider into it's neighbor's stall. I'm with you, upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom