BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
This is my current hatch. I have no idea how it's going. She got back on the nest before I could check out the eggs and candle.

I've counted 12 full-sized eggs. She's a medium sized bantam. She must've stole the nest. I don't know who the eggs belong to.
She's hired a front guard. :gig

20211019_164313.jpg

This is my current hatch. I have no idea how it's going. She got back on the nest before I could check out the eggs and candle.

I've counted 12 full-sized eggs. She's a medium sized bantam. She must've stole the nest. I don't know who the eggs belong to.

View attachment 2879610
Pancake chicken! 🤪

View attachment 2879610
And I thought it hilarious when one of my males played doting uncle. If that cat takes them out to learn dust bathing, I want videos.

That's very sweet of you. I can envision the trio asking for a return ticket once we get into the cold winter stuff. I might come with them. :gig

I've been thinking about what you mentioned earlier about the recessive combs. In the hatches I've had this year, most of the chicks are from the few offspring from the year before. I'm seeing a surprising number of rose-type combs. I've only had a couple of birds with a rose-type comb produced from my original birds. I've had some pea combs, a few cushion combs, a few smaller walnut but overwhelmingly the Maran influence in straight comb type, body look and color has been the greatest influence because I had two Marans roosters in the beginning.

But now to have this show up like this...it's quite surprising! I'm pleased because it fits my plans. I'll have to look back through my pictures to see if I can figure out what has happened. :wee
That will work well if you can figure the combs out. The straight comb white Cornish are also smaller. Definitely out of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom