BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Forgot to say that 3 chicks hatched on Friday. I had to fully help one but she's doing well.
Try to ignore my onsie- it's the holidays lol
20211023_200956_HDR.jpg

And a pic of Peanut, my helped hatch baby
20211025_165851.jpg

Forgot to say that 3 chicks hatched on Friday. I had to fully help one but she's doing well.
Try to ignore my onsie- it's the holidays lol
View attachment 2879933

And a pic of Peanut, my helped hatch baby
View attachment 2879935
Lovely chicks! It's good to hear that all are doing well.:clap

I like the onesie. It looks soft! It's cold enough here I'm going to start wearing my "farm" pajama pants.:bun

Still behind you - 5 days until lockdown.
BUT- I always do checks at night when everything else is done.
I've consistently had the same 4 eggs that I end up putting a -?- next to, bc everything looks good but no movement. I'd pretty much given up on them.
I did a brief candle today when turning, didn't even lift them out of egg crate, just pointed the light straight down, and every single one of them was bobbing around.
Guess I know who won't be night owls!

Trick to designer hatches?
I've been weighing,candling, praying,...last hatch was really bad so doing everything I can for this group.
So total projected weight loss needed was 89g. I'm at 73g at 19 days. *remember, guineas, so lockdown is day 25 unless they decide otherwise (they often do), hatch date 28 days.
Where was I.,.73g, which means they've to shed 16g more.
Here's the thing..some eggs started at 46g, some started at 36g. So some have hit their target, some need to keep going while the midgets work on growing.
Running 36% humidity, 99.5 ish.
A lot of you have NR360- I have 5 thermometers and 3 hygrometers in mine in addition to the unit. One side runs cooler than the other by a cpl of degrees. The only one that agrees w/unit is the mercury one lying in the egg crate directly under the heat. I've been rotating the eggs position in addition to turning, since they're in eggcrate.
I feel like I've over explained..my question is, if I park my smaller eggs on the cooler side and the heavier eggs on the warmer side, will that have any effect on wt loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom