Ended BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Feathers of Fall Photo Contest

Pics
Entry number 3 for me; the ladies just enjoying some sun on a brisk fall afternoon
IMG_0280.jpeg

Lovely! Is the burning bush an Acer? I think that’s the correct spelling?
I’m not too sure what it is! I’ve never really looked into it if I’m honest lol it was growing in our front flower bed when we first moved to the property and I moved it over by the coop the first year because my mom had wanted to toss it! I’ll have to check out the Acers and see if they are the same bush!!

I’ve seen other bushes that look similar and are a lot bigger but my horse has eaten this thing down to mere sticks more times than I can count, so this is the best it’s grown in a few years .. plus the chickens go at it during the summer and they especially like picking the red leaves off once they turn :gig

I’m not too sure what it is! I’ve never really looked into it if I’m honest lol it was growing in our front flower bed when we first moved to the property and I moved it over by the coop the first year because my mom had wanted to toss it! I’ll have to check out the Acers and see if they are the same bush!!

I’ve seen other bushes that look similar and are a lot bigger but my horse has eaten this thing down to mere sticks more times than I can count, so this is the best it’s grown in a few years .. plus the chickens go at it during the summer and they especially like picking the red leaves off once they turn :gig
Very hardy if it’s been eaten so many times! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom