BYC's Random Funny Posting Thread! Hosts Mike & Sally

A7F0EF0A-920A-42CC-8196-62B55DBB3BB6.jpeg

I did call several places to see if by chance anyone might want them. Nope! You’d think I was trying to give away a mangy dog.

I also had the World Book “Science Yearbooks” and World Book “Year Books.” I think my parents purchased about 10-12 years of them. It’s really a shame.
Well, I look at it from a different perspective. People had to pay a lot of money to get that information at the time. It was therefore restricted to a comparatively small number of people. Hard earned and valued.

Now, information has been thrown open to the world and everyone, rich or poor, in the US or elsewhere has access. Those old books lost their value, but billions of people who didn't have access before now get a leg up. Not a bad trade.

And back to pictures...

Well, I look at it from a different perspective. People had to pay a lot of money to get that information at the time. It was therefore restricted to a comparatively small number of people. Hard earned and valued.

Now, information has been thrown open to the world and everyone, rich or poor, in the US or elsewhere has access. Those old books lost their value, but billions of people who didn't have access before now get a leg up. Not a bad trade.

And back to pictures...
I still have a complete set of Encyclopedia Britatica, edition 1965 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom