Open Contest BYC's Springtacular Flower Photos

Pics
IMG_4237.jpeg

#1 red tulip with ‘blue grapes’ as we say. Translate says the flowers are called grape hyacinths.

Not an entry. Just sharing my Sensation Lilac. View attachment 3792983
If I ever move to someplace where they'll grow without fuss, I'm gonna plant the entire road facing property line with lilacs. Nothing smells like spring so much as driving along a country road with the windows down while these bushes are in bloom! I miss bringing in huge bouquets to smell up the house.
le sigh 🪻🪻🪻☀️☔

View attachment 3794009
#1 red tulip with ‘blue grapes’ as we say. Translate says the flowers are called grape hyacinths.
Yes, grape hyacinth a.k.a. muscari. I planted a couple dozen under a silver maple 10 or 15 years ago. We lost the tree in an ice storm a few years back but the front lawn is a sea of blue each spring with crests of white clover dotting throughout. The daffs, narcissi, hyacinths, tulips and small bulbs are kept to the edges or in beds.

If I ever move to someplace where they'll grow without fuss, I'm gonna plant the entire road facing property line with lilacs. Nothing smells like spring so much as driving along a country road with the windows down while these bushes are in bloom! I miss bringing in huge bouquets to smell up the house.
le sigh 🪻🪻🪻☀️☔

They are amazing at announcing spring for sure. A slow drive in the country in spring sounds nice!
driving music video GIF by Jake Owen

Back
Top Bottom