Bye

WOW thanks for the discouragment ill take down the post and exit the forum
Take a deep breath, you did do the right thing by asking for help, a lot of these guys have been raising chickens for years and have lots of insight and info. Sometimes we forget what it's like to be a newbie. Be thankful you got the info you needed (maybe not the way you received it). Again you did ask. Good Luck and stay around.

No you dont have to do this no one was trying to be discouraging or make you feel like leaving they just wanted to help maybe they didn’t give you the help how you wanted but most of them have had experience for years upon years and just want to help. We really want you here on BYC and we hope you change your mind and decide to stay.

This the article I believe they were talking about they posted it in a different thread. https://www.melbournebirdvet.com/dead-in-shell-youngsters/
Thank you for posting the article link. @Mz Luv said they had read and researched, so I had no doubt that they read somewhere online that syringing water into an unhatched chick's beak can save the chick. And within the article you posted, there it is. I have read plenty of incorrect info on other avian websites, especially in the distant past, before I realized that other private websites have no peer reviews or fact checks the way that BYC does. I assume others have had this experience too. Personally, I agree with the comments stated by BYC members on this thread. From the info in post #1, it seemed to me that OP was overly assisting, and I have no intention to syringe water into the beaks of future unhatched chicks in hopes of helping them hatch. But I understand the OP feels the advice is valid, and sincerely feels they have saved many chicks by doing this. Being told to "Never do that" probably felt like a slap in the face, as if OP was being told they should have ignored the article advice, and just let the chicks die.

Don't do that! This is a learning platform and everyone makes mistakes. They were simply trying to make sure you don't do it again and know better next time. They were just trying to help, and although it may seem harsh, no one meant it to be. :hugs
Trust me, I've made mistakes like this before. I'm so glad I didn't leave now.
Hope you stay🫶

Back
Top Bottom