BYM Hatching Derby - Hatch-Along

looks like all of Cluckrista's eggs are going to hatch, two came last night and the last egg has pipped. Babra's second egg also hatched. One from Marble is on its way. I'll post a photo once the new ones fluff up

looks like all of Cluckrista's eggs are going to hatch, two came last night and the last egg has pipped. Babra's second egg also hatched. One from Marble is on its way. I'll post a photo once the new ones fluff up
Whoohoo! That is great. I'm looking forward to photos 😁

Whoohoo! That is great. I'm looking forward to photos 😁
20240227_092936.jpg

Here's the 3 CCL crosses so far. The 4th is in the incubator drying off. I think there is two females and one male in the box if its true that 1st generation ccls are usually still auto, and the one drying off looks dark but I won't call it until it dries out.
20240227_093001.jpg

20240227_093847.jpg

Cluckrista (CCL) is in the lead with all 4 of her lock down eggs hatched and fluffed. I'm pretty sure the darkest one is a female and the lightest one is male, but I am unsure about the two in the middle. Any insight?
20240228_065509.jpg

Marble is a close second with 3 silver babies so far. One has some yolk stuck on it. When it fluffs, Im going to attend to that with a q-tip. I dont want it too get cold. Poor thing sat in a half zipped shell for half a day. The third one literally exploded out of its shell!
20240228_075241.jpg
20240228_075258.jpg

Marble also throws splashish or lemony chicks, here's some that are a couple weeks old.
Screenshot_20240228_075918_Gallery.jpg

And we have our first chick from our sweet sweet Kev-hen
20240228_075155.jpg
20240228_075214.jpg

Attachments

• 20240228_075411.jpg
    20240228_075411.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240228_075433.jpg
    20240228_075433.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240228_075748.jpg
    20240228_075748.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 0
Cluckrista (CCL) is in the lead with all 4 of her lock down eggs hatched and fluffed. I'm pretty sure the darkest one is a female and the lightest one is male, but I am unsure about the two in the middle. Any insight?
View attachment 3759296

Marble is a close second with 3 silver babies so far. One has some yolk stuck on it. When it fluffs, Im going to attend to that with a q-tip. I dont want it too get cold. Poor thing sat in a half zipped shell for half a day. The third one literally exploded out of its shell!View attachment 3759293View attachment 3759295
Marble also throws splashish or lemony chicks, here's some that are a couple weeks old.
View attachment 3759337
And we have our first chick from our sweet sweet Kev-hen
View attachment 3759340View attachment 3759294
I don't have any experience with CCL, but I'd sure like to 🤣

What a batch of cuties!

I don't have any experience with CCL, but I'd sure like to 🤣

What a batch of cuties!
Hehe I wish I had one for all 3 roosters!
Our fosters' mom regained custody of a speckled EE with cheeks, muffs, and a vivid blue base layer. I'll be keeping a few F1s from her and the Bielevelder. Maybe even a cockerel since he's so handsome and respectful.

Thanks 😊 that's really the only visual standard I'm looking for! By F3, crests, feathered feet, and muffs should be about as random as the eggs.

Hehe I wish I had one for all 3 roosters!
Our fosters' mom regained custody of a speckled EE with cheeks, muffs, and a vivid blue base layer. I'll be keeping a few F1s from her and the Bielevelder. Maybe even a cockerel since he's so handsome and respectful.

Thanks 😊 that's really the only visual standard I'm looking for! By F3, crests, feathered feet, and muffs should be about as random as the eggs.
A surprise variety pack! Nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to get an olive egger egg from my friend, I want to cross an OE with a frizzle silkie just for kicks to have a frizzle EE. I know there are easier and better ways to make one, but... lol

A surprise variety pack! Nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to get an olive egger egg from my friend, I want to cross an OE with a frizzle silkie just for kicks to have a frizzle EE. I know there are easier and better ways to make one, but... lol
I agree, fizzles are afreakindorable! If one happened to fall into my lap, I'd put her under Montgomery.:love

Two more from Kev-hen, one from Cecelia, and a pip from Marilyn. Better than expected.

Woke up to the first of Marilyn's eggs hatched. I think it's a boy and he looks just like his daddy did. He has was born with severe wry neck and I think he's going to pass. He can't hold his head down so I'm just letting him be comfortable. I gave him some B12 but I don't have anything with selenium.

Woke up to the first of Marilyn's eggs hatched. I think it's a boy and he looks just like his daddy did. He has was born with severe wry neck and I think he's going to pass. He can't hold his head down so I'm just letting him be comfortable. I gave him some B12 but I don't have anything with selenium.
Aw, I'm sorry, I hope the B12 can help it pull through, but sometimes things like this happen 🥺

Go Marilyn chickie!

Back
Top Bottom