C & C cage for Button Quail?

Nuggetirl

Songster
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Oklahoma
C & C stands for cubes and coroplast, generally called "cavy cages" and used for guinea pigs. Here's a link to a store that sells them commercially, I'd be making mine. http://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/

I plan on making the sides of the coroplast a little bit higher than the customary 6 inches, and putting mesh around the cubes until the teeny tiny buttons can no longer fit through the 1 inch openings (possibly never? I don't think they could hurt themselves after they are grown?) and putting a mesh top on top for boinking.

I don't want to do a terrarium because of the limited airflow, but I've considered other wire cages, generally for small animals since regular bird cages are so upright. However, I really like how BIG I can make a C & C cage, separate pairs easily and even separate problem birds if I need to, all without purchasing another cage. Seems like a great idea to me, but I don't see it anywhere so I wanted some input!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RN3FRW...e=df0&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B008RN3FRW

This is what I use for one pair but you could get the divider and place it in the middle and have breading pairs one to each side. I just hung some fake plants from the top which is only 18 inches high and I keep a cloth over the top so if they look up they thing they are enclosed and don't jump/fly up. I just covered the wire bottom with nonslip shelf liner and cut it to fit each half. I have seen these cages for less then the one in the link but that is still not a bad price. I even have a full tall finch flight cage that I rigged a sheet of plexy set on dowel rods to make a second floor. so could have had 4 pairs in one cage. I didn't use it for pairs but used the lower level for chicks that I had incubated. Worked great.
The one you posted would be fine as long as you cover it with smaller screening as they could get out of that one pretty easy.
Good Luck>

Back
Top Bottom