Coyote Recipe
2-4 lbs of coyote meat
16 oz of apricot preserves
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 purple onion diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Instructions: Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and let them cook for about 8 hours. Bon appetite.
droolin.gif

Quote:
That's scary!! We've had coyotes come around but they've never gotten that close. The predators in our area are really starting to come out though. This past Sunday I saw a fox, and I believe on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, AND today we saw hawks! We also lost a guinea to something on Thursday, and almost lost another today to a hawk. Luckily the little guinea hen got away with just a sprained leg (We hope that's all it is
fl.gif
)

Ahhhh two more days and counting....I want it to be saturday. Is anyone familar with buff orpingtons? I have three that from what I gather are well old enough to be laying, yet they are not. I have read the forum of why aren't my chickens laying and they have layer food, water, nesting boxes, etc. The only thing I haven't done is run light out to the coop yet. My DH says that they will probably just hold off till spring, but I am sick of waiting!!! I want eggs!!!!

Quote:
How old are they? Mine didnt start till they were about 7mo old. Have their combs gotten bigger, redder and floppy yet? Mine did right before they started laying.

I know for sure that one is over 7 months old. The other 2 are a bit younger. Their combs haven't gotten red yet. Sadly, I believe I will be waiting till next spring before I see any eggs. My one that is at least 7 months old is the one who survived when my flock of cornish x's got killed by the dog, so she probably got chased and stressed too. I love the BO's, but I wish they would start producing!

BAD NEWS !!! I just heard from Dept of Aggriculture. They said in order to sell poultry in Ga, you must have a license. If is an official sale the license is with the organizer. I know this is disappointing. Make sure you know this is a SWAP and not a Sale. What you do with your birds after is your business.

does it say what has to "swapped"?
wink.png

Can't wait for morning. Bringing my roo to try to "swap" off! he's a beauty and would be an excellant roo for someone that needs one!

As for the laying issues mentioned above. All of mine but one has quit laying and that one is only laying every other day or so.
sad.png
I'm now sure why but I'm not happy about it! They have plenty of food and water and nesting box and all.... hate that I may have to wait until spring!
sad.png
Mine did this before when it got cold. Just stopped for a while. It's sad!

Quote:
I've been told they handle the cold much better than the heat. You want to protect their combs and wattles from frostbite and make sure they have a place to get out of the elements and wind but they should be fine. We vaselined them up and put up some thick plastic to block the cold wind on part of the coop last year and my gals were happy.

My daughters rabbit had babies!!! I am not sure they are gonna make it though
sad.png
She doesn't seem to want to care for them, but according to a couple of websites I looked at, rabbits only nurse their young once a day when they are born. Have the male in a dog crate now, cause apparently rabbits, well, breed like rabbits and as soon as she had the babies, she became fertile again.....I don't need to be overrun with bunnies....bad enough she had this litter before I could get him fixed.

Back
Top Bottom