Cabinet Incubator Air Vents

Pollopato

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 22, 2014
Hello,
Does anyone have a larger cabinet style incubator similar to a Sportsman 1502 who could advise me on the size of the air vents? I have built one but I'm not sure what size the air vents need to be. Do commercial cabinet incubators have adjustable vents? Mine is about 2 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet tall. I've googled the hell out of this but I just can't find a definitive answer. Thanks for any help someone can offer.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Cabinet Incubator.jpg
    Cabinet Incubator.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 37
Hello,
Does anyone have a larger cabinet style incubator similar to a Sportsman 1502 who could advise me on the size of the air vents? I have built one but I'm not sure what size the air vents need to be. Do commercial cabinet incubators have adjustable vents? Mine is about 2 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet tall. I've googled the hell out of this but I just can't find a definitive answer. Thanks for any help someone can offer.
Hello there. I have a diy cabinet incubator that we just completed. It's slightly smaller than yours at 18"x18"x36". We have two 3/8" vent holes on top and three on both sides toward the front. We have small wooden pegs (used to cover screw heads on furnature) that we can cover the holes if we need to or leave them open. The two holes on the top stay open and right now we have one on each side open. We will open the remainder as we progress with the hatch and especially during lock-down. I hope that helps. Bear in mind that I'm a novice but the plans i used to build my 'bator was from someone who has successfully hatched thousands of eggs in his version.

Attachments

• DIY Incubator.jpg
    DIY Incubator.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 36
Hello there. I have a diy cabinet incubator that we just completed. It's slightly smaller than yours at 18"x18"x36". We have two 3/8" vent holes on top and three on both sides toward the front. We have small wooden pegs (used to cover screw heads on furnature) that we can cover the holes if we need to or leave them open. The two holes on the top stay open and right now we have one on each side open. We will open the remainder as we progress with the hatch and especially during lock-down. I hope that helps. Bear in mind that I'm a novice but the plans i used to build my 'bator was from someone who has successfully hatched thousands of eggs in his version.
Nice!

When will you fire it up?

Nice!

When will you fire it up?
I already have. I'm on day seven. I candled them today. This is my very first attempt at hatching so I'm a little lost but crossing my fingers. Out of 36 eggs, i found one with air bubbles (I discarded it), 11 that I can clearly see veins, and 24 that I'm not sure about. It's hard to see and I'm not entirely sure what NOT to look for. I'll candle again on day 10 and discard anything that doesn't look like it's doing anything. I just don't know what it should look like. Sigh... wish me luck!

I already have. I'm on day seven. I candled them today. This is my very first attempt at hatching so I'm a little lost but crossing my fingers. Out of 36 eggs, i found one with air bubbles (I discarded it), 11 that I can clearly see veins, and 24 that I'm not sure about. It's hard to see and I'm not entirely sure what NOT to look for. I'll candle again on day 10 and discard anything that doesn't look like it's doing anything. I just don't know what it should look like. Sigh... wish me luck!
The help you know what you are looking at, open up any eggs that you decide to toss.

Often times it is better to leave the eggs in the incubator unless the smell if you are not sure what is going on inside of them

The help you know what you are looking at, open up any eggs that you decide to toss.

Often times it is better to leave the eggs in the incubator unless the smell if you are not sure what is going on inside of them
Ron, thank you for that advice! I didn't think of that. I will plan on it. Right now, nothing has any foul odor and I already tossed the one with air bubbles so I can't look at it but I'll do a bit of eggtopsy on any others that I decide to discard.

Back
Top Bottom