Cable Reel Coop !

Ancient Futures

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2022
Damn, thats actually clever- It's hard to find a good use for them damn cable rolls hahaha.... But Needs a good door made so you can open it from the back and gather eggs, but thats easily done. You could do one and make a pattern and then you could do more quick n easy. THIS might be the solution to my 'Gothic' Chicken coop I'm still trying to design, hahaha.. make REALLY good 'Towers', just add a 'witches hat' roof to them !

Here's a link to a Pinterest page with it and a few more with Cable Reels- I know in some places they are readily obtainable, and often for Free, so figured this would be of interest to some Folks here... ;-) Hope everyones chickens are happy and well ! We have almost 2 dz new babies and it's past time for me to get out there and build a nice BIG Brooder Box ! LOL !!

1648903948212.png

Attachments

• 1648903523273.png
    1648903523273.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 3
Damn, thats actually clever- It's hard to find a good use for them damn cable rolls hahaha.... But Needs a good door made so you can open it from the back and gather eggs, but thats easily done. You could do one and make a pattern and then you could do more quick n easy. THIS might be the solution to my 'Gothic' Chicken coop I'm still trying to design, hahaha.. make REALLY good 'Towers', just add a 'witches hat' roof to them !

Here's a link to a Pinterest page with it and a few more with Cable Reels- I know in some places they are readily obtainable, and often for Free, so figured this would be of interest to some Folks here... ;-) Hope everyones chickens are happy and well ! We have almost 2 dz new babies and it's past time for me to get out there and build a nice BIG Brooder Box ! LOL !!

View attachment 3046689
They look like little prison cells. That are not predator proof. And would be a nightmare to clean. And will rot because of the lack of weather proofing on the non-pressure treated wood.

better to use for enrichment - my goats use them as steps/jumping platforms, my chickens use them as play toys. I've considered adding a raised ring for roosting during our nice summer temps, but its very low priority. Thus far, they've held up to weather well, but I only have a season with them so far (also, mine have the hard black plastic top and bottom, not wood).

Back
Top Bottom