My Coop and Run build….long post. Lol

Didn’t feel like stapling wire today. Put the roof on the run instead. Thinking about a gutter on the inside at the far right…

71400497326__2B51DA61-3219-40F8-99B6-6A89DDE1FA4B.jpeg

Didn’t feel like stapling wire today. Put the roof on the run instead. Thinking about a gutter on the inside at the far right…

View attachment 3612292

Do not try to use gutter to fix the short roofing, get more roofing and extend the roof line to move the water out and over the end.

You want to work with nature. A lot of rain water will flow and trying to turn it 90 degrees is creating an overflow point that will never go away.

Do not try to use gutter to fix the short roofing, get more roofing and extend the roof line to move the water out and over the end.

You want to work with nature. A lot of rain water will flow and trying to turn it 90 degrees is creating an overflow point that will never go away.
That’s a great point. I would probably just end up with a big mess down there. Was also thinking about just cutting a board to fill the gap. Paint it with white Kilz and some other white paint. The run is 18ft. I got 4 9ft by 3ft pieces and thought it would be just right to the edge. I guess my 4x4 spacing was off just a bit.

Thank you guys and gals. I went back to the metal shop. They had some short pieces from cutting my others yesterday. I got a couple two footers that will work a treat. I am pretty particular and normally wouldn’t consider the workaround, but didn’t want to drive back over there. I know it would’ve mentally bothered me forever though. I was trying to reason with myself that it would do, but it would not. I didn’t cut corners on other parts of the build so why would I now. About to go slap those in and screw/rivet em up. Ty for nudging me the way I knew I should go.

Has anyone burned the pine boards on your structures to seal them? I’m trying to decide on paint, stain/seal or the burn. My buddy does it on his trailer boards etc and it looks cool and seems to seal well.

Back
Top Bottom