Cackle doesn't use tracking when shipping chicks :(

LA~Poulet

Songster
13 Years
Apr 27, 2009
near Lake Charles, LA
I'm sorely bummed. Back in May I ordered and the est. ship date was July 1. Mine shipped on the 1st, at the time I didn't think about the 4th being a holiday.

I called back -weeks prior to July 1- asking if I needed to upgrade to Express mail. The person on the phone told me that they aren't allowed to ship Live Chicks with Express, but that they ship "2 day" and they would arrive before the holiday. I assumed there was a special category for live animals but found out today that apparently they are calling Priority mail "2 day" when it isn't always, even the USPS calls it "2-3 day".

So here I am, our local P.O. is done receiving shipments for the day, my chicks aren't here, and we have no idea where they are because there is no tracking on the package. I called our regional hub (an hour away) and have a note in the back to call me asap if the chicks arrive this afternoon or tomorrow. I feel sick that it is likely they will be stuck somewhere slowly dying over a long holiday weekend.
sad.png

Best of luck, hope you can find them. I don't think any hatchery uses tracking, and according to live chick shipping rules I remembered last, they can only be sent using one type of shipping method, which is the 2nd day one.

Wow-I thought pretty much everything shipped was sent with tracking. Thanks for letting me know, perhaps I should edit my title if it is normal practice?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to... I would have been more than happy to pay the extra fifty cents it costs.

Hi,

Are you sure they were shipped? The only reason I ask is mine were to be shipped that day too. They were NOT shipped and the "new" shipping date is July 8. What a bummer...I hope your shipping date was changed too. What did you order?

Yes, I called and they confirmed that they went out on the 1st as scheduled.
sad.png

Still no call, I think the last truck to the regional hub comes around 5.
*still crossing fingers*

eta: I have about 28 coming... Welsummers, Dominiques, Jersey Giants, EE, & light Brahmas. If I get a box of dead chicks I'm going to be sick.
sad.png

Last edited:
My chicks are somewhere in a box probably starting to starve right now. I'm absolutely disgusted, I don't know if I'll ever order from a hatchery again.

At this point 30% on hatching shipped eggs sounds a lot better than risking a slow death due to live chicks not being delivered.
hit.gif

No, I didn't. I posted a thread in "Raising baby chicks" about it, I rec'd the box at 7:30 this morning. They were all dead, of course.

I should update that I spoke with the owner of Cackle and that they do ship Express mail, they refer to it as "2-day". So the woman on the phone was mistaken about how my chicks were scheduled to ship. I wish I would have known to clarify.
he.gif

hit.gif

I must be losing my mind. Didn't the owner of Cackle tell you the box had been intercepted...or something... by the Post Office?

I swear - I thought I read that somewhere...

I'm so sorry for you and the chicks.

Edited To Say: I checked the Raising Baby Chicks thread...OMG! This needs to be explained by someone. How SAD!

Dont give up...let your heart heal and try again. Sending a hug your way...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom