Cackle Hatchery Ameracaunas?

Cackle did get their start with some varieties of Ameraucanas from me, including large fowl blacks. Since they are doing the breeding it is their line you are buying, but I'm quite sure they are going to be the best Ameraucanas you'll get from any commercial hatchery. Jeff Smith and his gang, at Cackle Hatchery, are good people to deal with.

My problem from buying from a hatchery will be the required number that you have to buy. I only have room for about 10 more, so I won't be buying from Murry McMurry, you have to buy a minimum of 25 until May. If I get some I want them before May! Who allows a minimum order of only 10? Any one know? :confused:

Not sure if they're currently shipping to California, but Meyer has a winter minimum of 8. I've ordered many times from them and have no complaints.

Thanks for the information. I’ve looked at the other hatcheries and decided to inquire about the BYC members experiences with Cackle. I don’t need show quality birds but I would like to know what to expect. The price is right at Cackle but I also know you get what you pay for sometimes.

I will attest to that get what you pay for aspect...I ended up with all three ducklings I ordered Doa and four of my chicks passed the next day...None of my other chicks/orders have had that huge of a loss and they refused to replace them.

Sorry to hear that. Out of 17 chicks shipped only 12 of mine survived the shipping.
3 of 6 Ameraucanas lost, 1 Welsummer and 1 white Leghorn lost.
Cackle was very good about it though and refunded the money for the lost chicks. I received the chicks on a Friday and they even told me to call back on Monday in case any more didn’t make it through the weekend so they could refund those also.

What reason did they give for not refunding you’re money?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom