Cackle Hatchery Ameracaunas?

Sorry to hear that. Out of 17 chicks shipped only 12 of mine survived the shipping.
3 of 6 Ameraucanas lost, 1 Welsummer and 1 white Leghorn lost.
Cackle was very good about it though and refunded the money for the lost chicks. I received the chicks on a Friday and they even told me to call back on Monday in case any more didn’t make it through the weekend so they could refund those also.

What reason did they give for not refunding you’re money?

They refunded my money, but I was told that they would replace what was lost and they refused to...All of the other hatcheries I have spoken with(I have yet to have this problem with ANY other hatchery) said they would replace the lost chicks(and ducks in this case)...To get the chicks and ducks that I ordered now from any hatchery, including their own, I would have to pay a small order fee on top of new shipping, despite having paid for live chicks and ducks...I understand the risk involved when shipping them, but I now have no way to get what I ordered without paying a small fortune for nothing. I was told by representatives from Cacklethree days prior to the refund being processed that they would replace my lost ducks and chicks. Being lied to was an even bigger frustration than if they had just told me the truth outright

I'm so sorry about your order. I've never had any issues with Cackle, below is their guarantee. It's difficult for them to replace only a few chicks, and that is the chance we take ordering. BUT, I have had numerous issues with Welp Hatchery so I know how you feel. Welp did not send me extras, I ended up with more than the usual 90% cockerels, they didn't mark the roosters I DID order but charged me for it anyway,(Iordered more than one breed), and no refund on the few I lost. The one and only time I've ordered from a hatchery other than Cackle.

100% LIVE DELIVERY GUARANTEED

We guarantee that you will receive a full count of live, healthy poultry according to this guarantee. We often place extra chicks in each box to help fulfill this guarantee. However, if losses should occur in shipment and you do receive less live birds than you ordered, we will make an adjustment either by replacing poultry (one time only also we are not able to ship just a few chicks for replacement), process a refund of the per bird price not including shipping and handling. You must use a heat source that can maintain a temperature of at least 100 degrees for the first 48 hours. We also do not recommend using puppy pads.

Please open bird boxes immediately and inspect poultry. If your shipment is INSURED and you do not have a full count of live birds that you paid for, please ask the delivery agent to sign your statement of loss (PS form 1000) and send it to us immediately. Or go online to usps.com/insuranceclaims/online.

If your shipment was NOT INSURED and you have a loss, then call us within 72 hours with a final count of your live chicks for an adjustment. This guarantee is only for the safe and live delivery of your poultry. Any losses must be reported to the hatchery within 3 days of receipt for any adjustment to be made. We DO NOT offer any guarantee/replacements/refunds on shipments of Peafowl or Rare Ornamental Pheasants. At NO time will Cackle Hatchery® accept returns of live or deceased poultry.

I'm so sorry about your order. I've never had any issues with Cackle, below is their guarantee. It's difficult for them to replace only a few chicks, and that is the chance we take ordering. BUT, I have had numerous issues with Welp Hatchery so I know how you feel. Welp did not send me extras, I ended up with more than the usual 90% cockerels, they didn't mark the roosters I DID order but charged me for it anyway,(Iordered more than one breed), and no refund on the few I lost. The one and only time I've ordered from a hatchery other than Cackle.

100% LIVE DELIVERY GUARANTEED

We guarantee that you will receive a full count of live, healthy poultry according to this guarantee. We often place extra chicks in each box to help fulfill this guarantee. However, if losses should occur in shipment and you do receive less live birds than you ordered, we will make an adjustment either by replacing poultry (one time only also we are not able to ship just a few chicks for replacement), process a refund of the per bird price not including shipping and handling. You must use a heat source that can maintain a temperature of at least 100 degrees for the first 48 hours. We also do not recommend using puppy pads.

Please open bird boxes immediately and inspect poultry. If your shipment is INSURED and you do not have a full count of live birds that you paid for, please ask the delivery agent to sign your statement of loss (PS form 1000) and send it to us immediately. Or go online to usps.com/insuranceclaims/online.

If your shipment was NOT INSURED and you have a loss, then call us within 72 hours with a final count of your live chicks for an adjustment. This guarantee is only for the safe and live delivery of your poultry. Any losses must be reported to the hatchery within 3 days of receipt for any adjustment to be made. We DO NOT offer any guarantee/replacements/refunds on shipments of Peafowl or Rare Ornamental Pheasants. At NO time will Cackle Hatchery® accept returns of live or deceased poultry.

As I said, they told me they would ship replacements and being 7 birds(chicks and ducks) it would be considered a small order, but that was a huge loss on my part and wasnt just a few...It was just very frustrating all around...The poor ducks didn't even look like they had lasted the first day of travel...

None of them will refund AND replace. It's one or the other. I would feel frustrated too in your shoes. It really hurts to either have to order a lot, or pay a small fortune for a few.

None of them will refund AND replace. It's one or the other. I would feel frustrated too in your shoes. It really hurts to either have to order a lot, or pay a small fortune for a few.

I'm not sure if you thought I wanted them to do both, I only wanted what I had ordered...It sucked getting a refund instead and not being able to get them afterward because of it...

Back
Top Bottom