Cackle Hatchery no longer ships to Virginia!

I received eggs 11 days ago, and baby chicks from Ideal in Decemver 2010.

There are certain requirements for VA, and not all hatcheries want to deal ith that. But I assure you Ideal is still good for VA, even the feed stores order from them still.

Quote:
So eggs cant be shipped to virginia either ? What about if they were in unmarked boxes as a lot of them are ? They wouldnt know unless they were Xrayed and that would kill the embryos then so either way it doesnt work if thats the case.

nope, eggs to adults. If they do catch it, then they'll be coming after you. Many ship unlabled to get past them on eggs, dont work so well on chicks though, they dont know when you be quiet, LOL

Heckel's Hens :

I received eggs 11 days ago, and baby chicks from Ideal in Decemver 2010.

There are certain requirements for VA, and not all hatcheries want to deal ith that. But I assure you Ideal is still good for VA, even the feed stores order from them still.

See the thing with that is the Postal workers are the ones that turn you in, they are supposed to know the laws regarding this stuff, many dont and dont care though, so if it by passes a major hub, you can at times get around it.
Another way you get caught is when the buyer has NPIP work done, they will check you transfer forms for your state permit #.

Ideal may be able to legally, but to be honest, I have ordered from them 3-4 times and have never even gotten a NPIP form with the order, which they and all NPIP participants are required to send out with the package. Also Georgia is one of the states that require import permits, and the Hatchery/breeders import permit # is supposed to be on the box, never been one on there. So I dont know if they really are legal to be shipping there, or if they have just been lucky so far???

Think this is why you are now seeing more and more hatcheries placing the "we can no longer ship to Virginia" thing on their website. They are finally getting caught.
Just like me, I had no idea, I was NPIP certified and even went the extra mile for avian influenza testing, now I have a full list of all 50 states requirements right here by the computer for reference. Also in the past, they havent been very strict on it, but they have been cracking down on it over the past couple seasons.

The only one who could answer if Ideal is legally able to ship there would be Ideal and the State of Virginia.

But if they dont include, testing proof of pullorum, macroplamsa, A.I., have a vet health certificate, their NPIP # and their state import # All on the box, then NO they arent legally doing it as they are required to by Virginia State law​

the NPIP GUY told us that you can drive them into virginia just not mail them......... Make's no sence
he.gif

I've been hearing alot of folks going to nearby states getting poultry and eggs. If they have relatives in another state, a nice drive up there would benefit them and took their NPIP papers with them and be done with it.

I agree, its stupid! VA would lose alot of poultry show folks and backyard folks from having chickens when you are limited in what you get in that state.

Yeah, the USPS are flack about it, they are so overworked and rather get those packages out unless one is very diligient about his job, any chicks coming his way, he would be certain to report.

Last edited:
http://leg5.state.va.us/reg_agent/frmVi … cation/pdf

This was posted by FourPaws a few days ago. From what I get from it is eggs chicks and birds can pass through the state, but can't stop here. Which is dumb. There are thousands of birds transported to 2 major chicken processing facilities within 30 miles of me. I know for a fact that alot of these bird cross statelines and stop here. I know their birds are tested but I bet they all are not as the article reads. If they are the price of chicken in the stores. I have worked in one of them for a very short time and let me tell you one thing there are things that you would rather not know about those places

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom