Cackle hatchery!! No response!

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
I ordered 3 female toulouse goslings from Cackle hatchery on April 23rd. I still have not gotten a confirmation in the mail, its been 8 business days, every time I try to call their phone is busy, and I have emailed several times, and still no response? Has anybody else ordered their and have had no response? Could they have not gotten my order? With my order for chicks, I got the confirmation in the mail in about 6 days.

Usually Cackle doesn't send any confirmation until a few days before they ship. Then they send a care sheet and a receipt. You can call them if you have concerns. They are really busy right now, so you'll have keep hitting redial.

Last edited:
I ordered from their a month ago and my confirmation came in the mail within 6 days. It says that a confirmation with a ship date listed will come within 7-10 days after you order. If I dont get it by monday, I need to call. Im hoping it will come tomorrow.

Do they have a gosling minimum order? I only ordered 3 females. I only see that they have a 15 chick minimum.

I ordered from Cackle (close to Easter, super busy time), and the confirmation said that I'd get a call within 7 days. After a week, I started to call, but never an answer. After 5 weeks of no response despite several emails, I cancelled the order. I rec'd a personal email the same day.

But, my local feed store report that some of their chix came from Cackle. Great looking little kids.

The local feedstore orders from Cackle and they have had no problems...steady incoming orders of both chicks, turkeys, ducks and geese. I have only seen a couple weak looking ones in there in the past 2 months.

Cackle is by far my favorite hatchery I've always received the healthiest chicks from them. They haven't ever sent me a confirmation until a few days before my chicks have came. If your having to wait, like anyone ordering chicks, not sure about goslings, that could be awhile. Just call them, but like I said, expect to keep hitting redial. They are a small family run coming that is earning a great reputation. They are very busy right now and I was told when I last ordered, a couple of months ago, that sales have greatly increased and they may need new phone people. They only had two people answering phones then.

I ordered my chicken from Cackle. After three weeks I received my confirmation in the mail. Then when my chicks came in I only got half the order. There was no explanation as to what was going on with the other 30 birds that were missing. Well I had to keep hitting redail before I got thru. They will be reshipping in a month. They didn't have enough to fill my order. So I will not be ordering from cackle again. My reason is because they don't seem to be able to handle the business they get. But I will say the birds are healthy.

I love that they are family owned...but sounds like they have their hands full! I bet they hire more employees very soon
smile.png
I may try them next time.

Back
Top Bottom