Cackle Hatchery - Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by astylishgirl, May 14, 2009.

1. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Ok... so I placed several orders with Cackle weeks ago. And today I get an email with NO order number on it and no actual information about the order stating that I my order did not have the minimum number of birds to ship. I know I ordered at least 15, which is their minimum for both orders. I may have banties with standard chicks and so that would be a problem.

But I have no order number! I don't know which order is the problem!! Do I REORDER???

They charged my credit card $75 bucks last week. It is just irritating. I am about to call them and see what the deal is. Their phone number is always busy so who knows????

And if I have to reorder, then what does that do to my chick shipping date??? And why are they just getting back to me about this NOW???? Why not 2 or 3 weeks ago when I placed the order.

GRRRRRRRRR

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Don't re-order until you call and find out all the specs. Too many horror stories lately of chicks coming in, or not coming in, or lost etc.
    Find out first.

edited for spelling.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Do not order any more chicks from them [​IMG] I have heard SO many complaints about them and their stupid order mistakes [​IMG]. I highly recomend Ideal Poultry. Their minimum order is 25 dollars worth of chicks, they have more varieties than anywhere else, AND they are CHEAPER.

4. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Some of my chicks did come from Ideal and they are awesome.

I called Cackle and they were very nice. They made a mistake and fixed it. But they process orders so slowly!!!

5. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    I wouldn't reorder, ugh they messed up my order too I got two chicks I didn't order, and not the right number on another breed.

6. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I had a horrible time with them last year. It did work out in my favor but had a big head ach in the mean time. I ordered 60 birds from them. They kept back ordering the order. then I finally got them, to be called a week later for the post office stating that I had another order. In the end they sent me 120 birds. I was able to rehome them, but it took 3 months so I really ended up losing money on there feed and supplies. Good luck with your problem with them. Keep us updated.

7. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    I know they are backed up with orders. The farm store I ordered my goslings and ducks from ended up getting my order from Welp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by