cackle hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by hypnofrogstevie, Dec 11, 2007.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    how are they with shipping chicks?

2. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    I don't know but, I hope they are good 'cause I'm ordering some come spring!

3. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    We ordered our chicks from cackle. I really liked them. They were patient with me on the phone, i can be rather indecisive, but in the end they had my $90 order. I ordered quite a few chicks. With that said we only had 2 that died within 24 hours, and then one drowned a couple days later. Their customer service was great, and when I called the next business day, (three days after delivery), we got a refund for the chicks that died within the 24 hours. I would definitely use them again.

HTH,
    Kentucky

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Thank you. I bookmarked them cause you dont need to order a minimum of 25. Now I gotta figure out if I want brahmas or cochins lol

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I ordered from Cackle this year and was very pleased with my order and the customer service.
    I originally wanted partridge cochins but they were out so I chose silver penciled,
    and all this was done on the phone.
    They told me when they would ship and when I would get them, so no surprises.
    Packing was excellent too.
    I ordered 30, 6 different breeds, (3 standards, 3 bantams),
    I received 34. I got 1 extra chick in 4 of the breeds I ordered.
    I lost 2 BR's ( one at 4 days, 1 about a week later).

I would order from them again next spring but I want only 1 of several different breeds and they have the "multiple of 5"
    thing.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok cool! I found them by mistake because I wanted to learn more about sex links and they where selling them. Think I should order a brochure from them?

7. ironjerry

ironjerry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    medina, ohio
    I have bought from Cackle and happy with order. Also got chicks from Murry McMurray in December about five years ago and got 63 when I only ordered 25.

8. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    The chicks I got from Cackle were all happy and healthy and grew up just fine. Not show quality, and the "Ameraucanas" were really EEs, but all in all healthy chickens.

9. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:63!!! wow! Big messup on there part huh?

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I ordered from Cackle Hatchery this past spring. I liked them too b/c you didn't have to order 25, only 15. So I picked 3 diff breeds, since min of each breed was 5. (EE that was labled as Araucana/Ameraucana, RIR, & SLW) They put in an extra RIR and all survived, very healthy. I also ordered from them b/c the local feed store also did & they weren't that far from me, so I figure it would be less trauma for the little peeps going through the mail.
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by