Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I can already feel it, next year I am going to have to order another surprise.
I'm thinking maybe for in June though, thats when they start shipping guineas... I wonder if that would also give me a better selection, since a lot of people order first thing in the spring?
Or I wonder if in the comment box I could put for my ship date whenever they can give me the a good assortment of different kinds of birds? Hmmmm.
I'm not sure... my first surprise came in the middle of March. I got 54 chickens (seems they came in groups of 2-3 of a kind), 2 ducks and a turkey. Everyone here in the last month or so has only said they got 40 some birds, plus a duck or a turkey. Of course I'm sure it all depends on how many extras they have... SO GUYS STOP ORDERING THE SURPRISES SO THERE'S MORE EXTRAS FOR ME :)

Somewhere (on this thread, perhaps?) I read that they don't ship the guineas with the chicks because the guineas tend to peck at the chicks' feet.

I can already feel it, next year I am going to have to order another surprise.
I'm thinking maybe for in June though, thats when they start shipping guineas... I wonder if that would also give me a better selection, since a lot of people order first thing in the spring?
Or I wonder if in the comment box I could put for my ship date whenever they can give me the a good assortment of different kinds of birds? Hmmmm.
I have ordered mine for June. I asked when would be the best time for a good assortment with no meat birds. Has anyone gotten any broilers so far? I think there have been a bb turkey or two?

According to the website they are sold out of turkeys and guineas in June. I wonder if that means there won't be any in the surprises? I can't wait to see!!

I didn't get any turkeys. And am still trying to figure out what more than half my chicks are. They are 2 weeks. I just can't wait for them to get bug and all feathered out!

I specifically asked them to include at least one turkey in my surprise, so we will see on the 21st (or around then) if they honor requests. I know on the copy of the invoice I got, it said "customer requests at least one turkey", so it looks like they at least try.

I got my replacement replacements today from my box of dead birds last friday. Instead of shipping me the 15 chicks to replace my original losses they sent me 50 chicks and 2 ducks. SO MANY BIRDS

I got my replacement replacements today from my box of dead birds last friday. Instead of shipping me the 15 chicks to replace my original losses they sent me 50 chicks and 2 ducks. SO MANY BIRDS
ep.gif
Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with all of that! Did you have survivors from the original shipment?

Just got my shipment today I ordered the surprise box along with 15 pheasants and 5 khaki ducks. The box was squished and then they dropped my box when they were handing me the box plus they have no clue how my box got extremely wet I opened the box right away the postal works did not want me doing that but the divider in the box was twisted and smashing my chicks I had my pheasants were being smashed by ducks and chickens. Oddly no DOAs and its been 3 hours im dealing with a dozen critical chicks at the moment but as long as I work my magic they should pull through. Put all the birds on game bird feed its high protein and should give a boost. Im my surprise I got 52 chicks and 2 swedish blues no broilers over half of the 52 chicks are top hats im excited about that but I was so hopeing for silkies and turkins we were wanting to breed showgirls ohhh well did get a lot of cocrins and what are the chipmunk chicks turning into? Oh and I got 5 fuzzy guys im assuming are easter Eggers and three look like salmon faverolle.:rolleyes: who knows lol

Back
Top Bottom