Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Here is some pics

I spoke to them about my box of dead birds. Thir policy is to not replace birds more than once but there was an issue with an entire shipment of chicks coming east so they will reship to me monday

I spoke to them about my box of dead birds. Thir policy is to not replace birds more than once but there was an issue with an entire shipment of chicks coming east so they will reship to me monday
That's sad but also great to hear they're willing to go above and beyond their own policies. I wonder what happened to the shipment?

They didn't say but I wonder if it was something on that flight that caused them all to die. Maybe loss of pressure or temps in cargo?

I got my surprise today and twelve were doa so I hope the rest are fine I got 2 black Swedish ducks some bantams and the rest standard size there was 51 all together now I have 38 left wish me luck!!!

Since they guarantee at least 40 healthy birds, did they send replacements? Or give you a bit of a refund? Or did you not call?

I am just curious as to what they will do when they are only a few birds short.

Say Hi to Elvis, a Golden Laced Polish from my 3/31/14 ship date Surprise. He's got some pretty head feathers (cut off in the snap). I'm assuming is a boy but not sure yet.

I can already feel it, next year I am going to have to order another surprise.
I'm thinking maybe for in June though, thats when they start shipping guineas... I wonder if that would also give me a better selection, since a lot of people order first thing in the spring?
Or I wonder if in the comment box I could put for my ship date whenever they can give me the a good assortment of different kinds of birds? Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom