Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

How about this little guy? He's a Bantam, his upper legs and beak are black. There are 3 of these. Super awesome black eyeliner.

I got my box today and I'm just so excited!!!
I got 52 surprise chickens, 5 silkies, 5 white rocks and 2 royal palm turkeys. So my brooder is sporting 64 cutie mccute peepers

Last edited:
How about this little guy? He's a Bantam, his upper legs and beak are black. There are 3 of these. Super awesome black eyeliner.

Blue Sumatra, I got four in my box today. I got a couple in an Exotic Island fowl box last year--pretty birds but not friendly.

ETA: Sumatra are technically large fowl, but they are small and the chicks are quite petite compared to bigger large fowl. However, if you are convinced this is a bantam, maybe look at Blue Rosecomb.

Last edited:
I have ordered from Cackle, but I din't get that. I got 10 little cochin bantams. There are only six left now, but I guess that's just how life is.
hmm.png

I got my box today and I'm just so excited!!!

I got 52 surprise chickens, 5 silkies, 5 white rocks and 2 royal palm turkeys. So my brooder is sporting 64 cutie mccute peepers

Did you order the silkies, white rocks and turkeys in addition to the surprise?

I did. All I got in the mix were chicks. No ducks or turkeys.
So the 52 chicks were the surprise

Blue Sumatra, I got four in my box today. I got a couple in an Exotic Island fowl box last year--pretty birds but not friendly. ETA: Sumatra are technically large fowl, but they are small and the chicks are quite petite compared to bigger large fowl. However, if you are convinced this is a bantam, maybe look at Blue Rosecomb.
May be a Sumatra but those chicks are super small. I got a lot of chipmunk stripes ones that I thought were bantam because they are about half the size of all the others. But I could be wrong about him being a bantam. But I think he is.

Back
Top Bottom