Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cwc362, Mar 1, 2009.

1. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    I love turkens!!! I never would have ordered them on their own but we got 2 in our surprise last year, both were pullets, they laid all winter w/o extra light. Their eggs aren't as large as our sex link girls and they weren't laying machines like them either but they were consistent. They can be hard to look at until you get use to them...lol

I'm not a huge fan of the Houdan...to bad we don't live closer!

2. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    I really want a turken in my surprise. Hubby says we can't order any on purpose b/c they freak him out. But if we got one as a surprise I figure it is ok!

3. SlipsWife

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    We were the same way until the surprise. We have 2 hens from last year and I ordered 9 pullets from Ideal this year. We are hoping there might have been a sexing mistake, or our one from our surprise this year, will be a rooster. I REALLY don't want a rooster but I like that the naked neck trait is dominant so if we do hatch it will carry over. There are some super cute NN crosses on here! I should have just ordered a rooster...lol

4. Micah 808

Micah 808 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    Houston

5. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    As someone who Used to be an addict I agree! I think I just transferred to something else!

6. elibar90

elibar90 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2013
    He saw this thread today and said we aren't getting that many are we. I honestly told him we don't know what we are going to get lol

7. LunarBug

LunarBug Chillin' With My Peeps

It's always best to say that. I read through this thread before I ordered and knew that we could get a bunch (secretly I hope a TON) but only told my husband it is a surprise. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. SlipsWife

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas

I know I told my husband last year how many we might possibly get and he swore when we were getting ready for them the day before I never told him we might get that many...so my advice is go ahead and tell them, they aren't listening anyways! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Serenity30

Serenity30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    Southern Louisiana
    Now to patiently wait on Cackle Hatchery Surprise #2 to be shipped on 3/10/14 and arrive 3/12/14. :) :) :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ancdwc

ancdwc Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2013
    So we ordered another surpise again. Lol it shipped today and should be here by Friday

Edited cause I apparently don't know my days of the week lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by