Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
That's a relief! I have checked my email about forty times today. Lol

Just assume your box will be the last one filled at the end of the day since you will get the leftovers.

ETA:
And not to sound mean regarding turkey poults, but I just found this on a different site while Googling for some information, "Turkeys : Until a turkey is 6 months of age they do nothing but try to think of ways to die."

Last edited:
That's a relief! I have checked my email about forty times today. Lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Is it 5 yet?!
tongue.png

This is the info on the feed I'm using:
This DuMOR Chick Starter/Grower 20% Feed is a complete formula for starting chicks, ducks, and geese up to 10 weeks of age and for growing turkeys and gamebirds from 6 weeks to market or laying age. Premium nutrition at the correct life-stage results in strong healthy, productive birds with beautiful plumage.
  • Designed for chickens, ducks and geese from 0 to 10 weeks of age
  • Designed for turkeys, quail, pheasant and chukar from 6 to 12 weeks of age
  • Provides essential nutrients for optimum development
  • Additional vitamins and minerals are not required

I guess I need to go get something else just in case I get turkeys to get them started...I thought I was better prepared! Good thing they won't be here until Friday!!!
big_smile.png

Just assume your box will be the last one filled at the end of the day since you will get the leftovers.

ETA:
And not to sound mean regarding turkey poults, but I just found this on a different site while Googling for some information, "Turkeys : Until a turkey is 6 months of age they do nothing but try to think of ways to die."
I don't know why I didn't think of it that way! My husband is not thrilled about the idea of possibly getting turkeys. We are only 'planning' on keeping a handful of what we get anyways and I'd rather have a chicken than a turkey! The kids are really wanting a duck. I don't understand why...my husband is against that too...what was I thinking?!
idunno.gif

My oldest daughter wants a goose, but she is terrified of ducks. The middle daughter wants a silkie, hubby wants a box full of turkeys and the baby girl keeps waddling from the brooder with chicks to the empty one going chick chick? I just want them to make it here alive. Lol

ETA:
That's funny. Especially since I plan on processing them at 5 months.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Is it 5 yet?!
tongue.png

This is the info on the feed I'm using:
This DuMOR Chick Starter/Grower 20% Feed is a complete formula for starting chicks, ducks, and geese up to 10 weeks of age and for growing turkeys and gamebirds from 6 weeks to market or laying age. Premium nutrition at the correct life-stage results in strong healthy, productive birds with beautiful plumage.
  • Designed for chickens, ducks and geese from 0 to 10 weeks of age
  • Designed for turkeys, quail, pheasant and chukar from 6 to 12 weeks of age
  • Provides essential nutrients for optimum development
  • Additional vitamins and minerals are not required

I guess I need to go get something else just in case I get turkeys to get them started...I thought I was better prepared! Good thing they won't be here until Friday!!!
big_smile.png
Yup. I thought I was prepared, then I checked. My feed store only carried the game starter in 50lb bags, so I've got a bunch of the starter.

I'd be happy to get a couple turkeys. My neighbor would take any ducks. I hate geese, but have a good friend that has a big pond (and is a bird hunter if the geese get too ornery), and they'd probably take ducks too.

I too wonder what on earth I was thinking, but people are always looking for chicks and such. Even if I don't sell them for enough to pay for the endeavor it will be fun and a learning experience! I've certainly had more expensive learning experiences.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom