Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
This thread is so much fun! We have about twice as many chicks as our brand new coop will hold. Hoping we can do this sometime.

I have a question, though! I see a lot of you talking about chicken addictions and math (send us the cure! We've got the sickness) and I was wondering what you all do for coops. Just keep building them? I feel like there must be some magic answer I'm not thinking of
tongue.png
We have an incubator arriving tomorrow, too and already need another coop for the chicks we have!

I intend to put unsold roosters into "freezer camp." Same with older and surplus hens.

I've noticed people are putting requests, or likes/dislikes as far as breeds go with the Surprise. Has anyone noticed whether Cackle pays attention to these requests or not? I am ordering the Surprise next week and would like only chickens no turkeys or ducks....
smile.png

Thanks

I've noticed people are putting requests, or likes/dislikes as far as breeds go with the Surprise. Has anyone noticed whether Cackle pays attention to these requests or not? I am ordering the Surprise next week and would like only chickens no turkeys or ducks....:)

Thanks

I believe they do. We put that we didn't want ducks and preferred birds that were cold hardy. Our receipt said no ducks and cold hardy birds

I'm a little worried now. I was finally able to log in and check the status of my order and it says the shipment is scheduled to be delivered on the 23rd (Saturday). The last place it shows is was scanned is:
Shipment Accepted

March 20, 2013, 7:59 pm

SPRINGFIELD, MO 65801

Hopefully that's not right...

SlipsWife I am dying to know if you got yours and if they made it safely! Let me know please!

SlipsWife I am dying to know if you got yours and if they made it safely! Let me know please!
I haven't heard anything yet but the Post Office said yesterday they don't start calling until 7. It's 16 after...I haven't gotten a phone call yet!!! I did check online and it shows they are in Midland (20 minutes from here) so I'm sure I will be hearing something soon!!! I can't wait to see your pics and hear how things went! I couldn't sleep last I was so excited!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom