Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Same thing happened here I got 52 with the first shipment and lost 27 :) total so they shipped me half of a surprise and just picked them up, only one doa and the rest are doing great!

Same thing happened here I got 52 with the first shipment and lost 27 :) total so they shipped me half of a surprise and just picked them up, only one doa and the rest are doing great!
Did they send another assortment of chicks similar to a surprise assortment? I have lost 19 chicks and 1 duck.

Yep I have an assortment I know I have polish, bantam silkies, and a turkey (not positive about the turkey) in the replacement, I am very happy they sent a total of 23 and 22 made it.

Sounds good though that you all are getting replacements. I sure hope that all of my regular breed ones get here ok. It wont be good if I lose any, since I need exactly what I ordered if my plans go right. I should have gotten the surprise, that way I could have picked out what I wanted and let Brenda have the rest. Oh well either way I will get a lot more then I planned on this year. Including what I am hatching out.
lol.png

It would have been fine except for the $15 shipping fee that I elected to go toward extra birds and the fact that I specified a breed for the extra money and didn't get any of that breed. They guarantee 40 live birds so I wouldn't complain about any number that met that level but it means I paid $15 for three other birds -- not a.. good price point. I've emailed them and will report on how the situation is rectified.

I got my suprise today as well and was actually a little disappointed.  I picked up the order since I'm only an hour away and I was charged $15 for shipping.  I had asked that instead of refunding the money for the shipping that they throw in a couple salmon faverolles and some long tailed chicks.  I ended up getting 44 birds total (one dead on pick up the rest healthy and spunky).  It was a nice assortment that included two black spanish turkeys, but I did feel a little shortchanged.  From researching here I expect about 60 birds.  Don't ge me wrong, I still love Cackle -- I'm just a little disappointed this go round.

We're you charge $15 in addition to the price of the surprise?

Back
Top Bottom