Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I've lost 5 of my babies since Wednesday. With one currently having what appears to be seizures. I've never seen anything like it, it is heart breaking. Any ideas, on what to do or how to treat. I grew up on a farm but never saw any of our chicks do this. No worries it's calmed down but I'm afraid it will come back. What causes this? Plz help.

I've lost 5 of my babies since Wednesday. With one currently having what appears to be seizures. I've never seen anything like it, it is heart breaking. Any ideas, on what to do or how to treat. I grew up on a farm but never saw any of our chicks do this. No worries it's calmed down but I'm afraid it will come back. What causes this? Plz help.

Maybe try posting a thread with all the symptoms in the Emergencies section.

Is there any chance they are too hot?

Thanks guys. @carnivore and@popsicle. The chicken believe it or not is fine today. Just like nothing ever happened. I have the heat lamp about 24 inches above them. I check them regularly because I live in TX. Lol. It's already warn down here. But simply I keep a steady eye on their heat. He or she was the only one who behaved that way and now he or she is fine. It was strange and horrible to witness.

@popsicle strangely, there were no symptoms. It was acting normal. Eating, drinking etc. All of a sudden it started having what appeared to be a seizure.

I must be crazy.
I have six chicks in the brooder. I have 14 chicken eggs in the incubator. And I just ordered the Cackle hatchery surprise.
I'll update when I get it. Very excited.

Back
Top Bottom