Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Mine shipped today! I got the tracking #... only thing is... I ONLY ordered the Cackle Surprise. The package weighs 16lbs!!!!!!!! SIXTEEN LBS!!!! My package I got in March with 54 chicks, 2 ducks and a turkey only weight 5lbs. So what is all in this? And how many are there? Oh man!
ep.gif

umm.... I want a 16lb surprise!!
:) I'm so curious as to what's in it! I assume that there's probably some geese or ducks or turkeys in it. Or maybe some peacocks, ha!

Maybe they read this thread, and they saw all my posts about how I loved my first surprise, and they sent me 200 chicks! haha! I am so excited!

I got a mixed order of bantams one year to help me decide what I wanted to keep.. I got a whole bunch of OEGB along with a min # of other breeds. I don't like them but at least it told me not to order any more and state not to send any. I sold them.

They are shipping me Spitzhaubens Monday. I also ordered those that year and someone stole them. They must have liked them, too!!

Last edited:
I had a 16lb box a couple months ago. I got a Cackle Surprise and 20 specific breed chicks--total was around 60 birds. That big box is heavy and is probably most of the weight.
Did you get all chickens in your box? Or were there a lot of heavier birds?

I got 57 birds in my last surprise. 2 of them ducks and 1 turkey. The shipping weight was 5lbs. The box they sent them in was the 2 compartment box. I got an order of 100 birds from another hatchery in a 4 compartment box. I don't think the box weighed any more than 2-3lbs.

Back
Top Bottom