Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

My last shipment of regular birds was 5 lbs and had 2 turkeys, 11 spitzhauben, 6 ee, 18 cochin bantams, 1 NH Red and came in a two compartment box.

My biggest problem right now is that I got some ee chicks from TSC (Mt. Healthy) who had AE which spread and killed 60 chicks in my other brooders.  Now all of my outdoor brooding facilities are infected/possibly infected and I have no place to put these chicks once they are a couple weeks old.  One of my 14 week old pullets just died of it and she wasn't infected as a chick.  It has destroyed my hatching egg and chick business!  grrr...I can't find anyone who knows what to do about the situation.  So on one hand I am excited for my surprise and on the other I cannot handle anymore dead chicks and am dreading the possibility of them getting infected.  I set up some pens on the other side of my property and have chicks, teens, and breeding hens over there that are not/have not gotten infected so there is hope.  Unfortunately it is too far away from the house for electricity.
oh man that suck. I'm so sorry.

Got mine this morning! I never could find the weight online. But my 1st was 5lbs and this one was marked 19lbs.
There wasn't much difference in birds. So I think te weight is the 4 compartment box as well as a very liberal "rounding up".

I, again, had no DOAs

About 47 birds all chicks. Looks like 40% Cochin type and a large variety of polish (maybe 8 -10)

Very happy again with Cackle Hatchery!

53 birds, two are ducks, a lot of polish. No doa (woohoo) sadly no geese. No bantams looks like I got some salmon fravorells (sp) again. Will have pics up later.

My box was marked 19 lbs .. It's closer to 9-10... No way that thing weighs close to half a bag of feed. So I'm wondering if the weigh machine was off by about ten lbs or so.

I wonder if the big box on a small scale might give wonky readings.

I got chicks today from Cackle too, though I got the Exotic Island special and Chanteclers to replace my favorites that were killed by the dog. I had one DOA, a Red Shouldered Yokohama, if I recall correctly from posts on BYC, they are fairly fragile.

Mine came! I got two Rouen ducks (I think), and about 51 chicks (they noted on my packing slip that they packed 53 total), all large fowl. 10 or more Polish, 6 or more EE, 10 or more feathered legs which I am assuming are cochins, and some others I haven't identified. Looks like I got almost all of the Polish colors lol. All alive and doing well. My box was a 4 compartment box with one of them empty.

Mine came! I got two Rouen ducks (I think), and about 51 chicks (they noted on my packing slip that they packed 53 total), all large fowl. 10 or more Polish, 6 or more EE, 10 or more feathered legs which I am assuming are cochins, and some others I haven't identified. Looks like I got almost all of the Polish colors lol. All alive and doing well. My box was a 4 compartment box with one of them empty.
your box and mine are almost identical lol. I know I told hubby I was selling most...but dang there is a lot I'd like to keep. I got a lot of gold and silver laced birds

My 12 year old when he opened the box and found ducks!

Back
Top Bottom