Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

They are all so beautiful!  I am definitely ordering a box next Spring!  I am certainly no expert, but I think the black/white chicks could be Barred Rock, Dominiques, or Cuckoo Marans???  I had all three breeds in my MMM order and I couldn't tell any of them apart.

Could the last one be a Dark Brahma?

I need to get me this assortment next spring to!! Its all to exciting seeing what everyones getting.

I got a duck with mine. It is a Pekin duck and it hatched 4/22. It is so cute and big. Still fuzzy but it won't leave the coop. It is guarding the eggs !! Lol. A broody duckling. Lol.

I got my surprize package in March (March 13th). I received 52 poultry which included 2 pekins and 2 turkeys. One chick died a couple hours later and a couple the next couple days (4 total). I got a polish, several phoenixes ( I am guessing), a turken, 2 lakenvelders, 3 egyptian fayoumis, 3 cuckoo marans (I assume since they have pinkish white legs with a straight comb), 2 speckled sussex, several that I think are welsummers, several white chickens (some have straight combs), a columbian rock, and 10 easter eggers. I think that was all of them. I still have most of them as well. I like having a variety and it looks like I ended up with 7 or 8 roos, which is not bad. The turkeys seem to be girls as well and got one male duck and one female. We were very happy with our selection and would totally do it again.

Back
Top Bottom