Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

My Cackle hatchery surprise box is due to deliver this Friday ! I am excited as all my chicks were eaten by a raccoon and possum last two weeks. I plan on letting everyone know what breeds I get and pics too of course !!! Stephen :)

Thank you, I am trying to convince my hubby that NEED this for my birthday, anniversary, Xmas all in one.
1f601.png

What did anyone's male to female ratio end up as?

I got far more pullets than cockerels for certain. In breeds that Cackle sells sexed, I had pullets only, trios or pairs. In breeds they sell as unsexed, I ended up with 50/50 split.

Out of 52 birds or so, my cockerels are: 2 Saipan, 1 Phoenix, 1 White Jersey Giant, 1 Black Jersey Giant, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Polish (maybe, crest was pulled out, so hard to know for certain), 1 Cochin. Still have a couple unknown, like Buff Brahma and Columbian Rock. With all the cockerels above I have at least one pullet in the same breed, sometimes more. And many breeds where I only got pullets, like 4 Easter Egger, 4 Welsummer and 2 brown leghorn pullets.

This has been my experience with three of these boxes over the past three years.

I ordered my Cackles Hatchery's Hatchery Surprise. It is gonna ship on Monday! Does it ship to the post office or my house? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom