Cackle vs McMurray vs Ideal

I don't know enough about all three, but from what I've read I think they all have certain breeds they do better. You may want to ask which one has the best examples of the breeds you want.

Cackle isn't allowed to ship to certain states (Virginia included) because they refuse to test for MG (which can be passed from the hen to the egg.) For that reason alone, I'd be leery of buying from them.

No hatchery is uniform across all breeds and varieties. Even the ones that they are good at can change from year to year depending on where they get their eggs from. Or a breed they had poor examples of this year may be great next year if they changed suppliers or breeding stock.

I've never ordered from Cackle. I've liked everything I ever got from McMurray but that was only four breeds. Ideal I did not care for two of the breeds I got from them, but like several more very well. I've liked most of what I got from Privett too.

.....Alan.

I wouldn't be able to compare the "big three" because I have only ordered from cackle so far lol. but all of my chicks, including the 2 packing peanuts I got, where in great health and lively when I got them. also, there was alittle problem with my order because the speckled sussex girls, wheren't producing eggs the way they should have and they called me to let me know, but I asked if I could substitute gold laced wyandotts for them, so I could get everyone in one shipment, and there were no problems. they were shipped on monday april 5th and I picked them up at the post office on wednesday the 7th. they were so nice on the phone, and appoligizing for the delay. I think for me, customer service is a must when dealing with things like this.

Also, my TSC gets there chicks from Privett, and I picked up 12 bantams over the weeks of chick days lol. and they are doing well. although they did send the store a 3 legged chick, and one that wasn't in good health, all of those chicks seemed well (other than the lack of support from TSC employees, which is a whole other thread discussion).

and that's my little 2 cents!

I have placed two orders with Cackle and my first one has matured. They are great looking birds. My second hatch was just recieved today. They look great, all alive and moving around. I would recommend Cackle to anyone ordering chicks.

i'd say McMurray
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom