Cackle vs McMurray vs Ideal

TiffInMO
I would try cackle next time since you are in Missouri. I had extremely nice chicks yesterday and as of an hour ago, they were still going strong, two with the pasties but hopefully I have that worked out.

just an update for my McM drama ... the person on the phone spent 15 minutes looking through my orders, it was a bit confusing because I have moved 3 times in 5 years so she was looking at my entire history ... she basically said what I say didn't happen because there are no notes on my order. So I said "you are calling me a liar?" and she said "no, I'm just saying you are not being honest" ... almost made me laugh. Finally she offered me a $25 credit which means I would have to order from them again, which is not in my plans at this time.

I have not had good experiences with Ideal. In July I ordered 25 (Amerucanas) actually Easter Eggers pullets and 10 cockerals. The
chicks did well until about 3 weeks ago, they started developing leg problems. They can not walk very good and within 3 days they are dying. I'm having to destroy all that are left because all but 2 or 3 are showing signs of getting this. I personally think this is a genetic problem that they have with their breeding stock.
Just my 2 cents ($50.00+) worth.

Quote:
That is terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I've used My Pet Chicken after my nightmare with Strombergs. My Pet Chicken all chicks arrived within One day of Shipping. All were lively and very healthy! Only one had a pasty bottom but this was the end of July and it was really hot out. After one cleaning and putting a little olive oil on, the pullet never pasted up again. You can also order small orders and are not subjected to having to order 25+. Give them I try and I'm sure you won't be dissappointed.

Back
Top Bottom