Cackle vs McMurray vs Ideal

I live in the same town as Cackle and I have purchased all my chicks through them. I have never mail ordered from anyone because I can get what I need here without stressing the babies. All of my babies from them have been awesome. I had some worries about one chick but it was a mistake on my part...not theirs. When I went up there to ask them a question about the pullet they gave me two more. I told them that I hadn't come up there for a free chick, just to ask a question. They gave me two free chicks anyway "in case". My one turned out fine. I overheated her and the freebies are doing wonderful too. I can attest that they have wonder customer service.

I have been reading a lot of posts on here in many different categories. Many people seem to have a lot of issues with McMurray. I have made up my mind from these posts that I will not ever order from them, even if I need to order.

i recently ordered some millie fluer d'uccles and 3 different breeds of cornish from murry and 2 of the millies had no muffs and some of the white cornight had green legs. i will say when i first ordered from murry 20 something years ago the birds were nearly show quality and these look closer to just a old yard chicken. i have also received birds from ideal and cackle and have never been dissapointed with those 2

We have ordered from both Ideal and McMurray and have been reasonably happy with both. We've never ordered from Cackle though.
Lately we have been going with Ideal, simply because they are cheaper, and have better variety.

We have ordered from McMurray and Ideal in the past. Ideal's Golden Laced Cochin pullet we got had beautiful lacing....better than any local breeders. And McMurray had very nice Silver Laced Polishes. Now, they were not up to standard, but they looked pretty good. I have gotten worse from other breeders. You always take a gamble with shipped chicks or eggs.

I have ordered from McMurray and also from one your did not have listed..Mt Healthy http://www.mthealthy.com/
I liked McMurray ok, but there are some things about MT Healthy I liked better.

First, the chicks arrived from Mt healthy very fast. I received them overnight since they sent them Express mail instead of priority. That is most likely why the ones from MT healthy were just that...healthy. They just about popped out of the box. McMurray sent them Priority mail and I received them in about 3 days. The ones from McMurray took longer to recover.

Second, the price was less at MT Healthy. Even though they shipped Express, it was still cheaper per bird.

Third, from MT healthy I only had to order 15. From McMurray I had to order 25. I only wanted 7 birds this last time. Even at 15 I had to sell some.

One thing I did like about McMurray is that they offered a lot of different types of birds.

i would not go with mcmurry because not many people are happy with them. i dont know a lot about cackle but they have a bug selection although they dont sex all of the chicks. i ordered from ideal poultry a few days ago and the chicks came nice and healthy
smile.png
i ordered 6 br and instead of adding in male extras they gave me a extra br. they gave me the wrong goose breed though but i dont mind

I know My Pet Chicken isn't a hatchery, but my experience has been wonderful with them. I get the chicks over night!

Back
Top Bottom