Cal Walsh

cwalsh2

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Hermosa South Dakota
Genetic Hackle fly tie chickens. I have 17 hens and 15 roosters. If someone is interested I would give you first choice and we could take turns picking, till you had at least half of them. I have over 300.00 invested just in Eggs(due to rough postal handling ). I bought eggs from Beaverkill valley Hackle and got more from Toni Marie Astin's fly tie line of birds. The birds were nearly identical, except most of toni's were straight comb and beaverkill's were mostly rose comb. I bred all the pullets to the best cockerel of the beaverkill birds, so some are straight beaverkill, and some are 50-50. They are every color, but favor blue and blue crele, the most. They are large birds, cold hardy, and good layers. If you are within driving distance of SW South Dakota, this is a great opportunity to get started with some great quality birds. Genetic hackle birds are more than just long feathers. They need no webbing so the fly does not absorb water and floats properly, and they need to be very narrow for small flies. If you are serious about them I can take pics and E-Mail them. Thanks Cal Walsh 605 255 4755 PS I am interested in some good show quality light brown leghorns, so a trade would be possible too.

Back
Top Bottom