Calcium deposits

katie80gleason

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2016
One of my hens has the bumpy calcium deposits on her eggs. While I've read this is normal from time to time, she has it on every egg. And so much now that there are calcium deposits inside the egg which makes it really gritty and not tasty to eat. I started them on oyster shells about 2 weeks ago but it hasn't seemed to help and I'm not even sure that was the correct thing to do. Any suggestions? She was the survivor of an attack about 2 months ago.... could it be related? She is only 1 year old

One of my hens has the bumpy calcium deposits on her eggs. While I've read this is normal from time to time, she has it on every egg. And so much now that there are calcium deposits inside the egg which makes it really gritty and not tasty to eat. I started them on oyster shells about 2 weeks ago but it hasn't seemed to help and I'm not even sure that was the correct thing to do. Any suggestions? She was the survivor of an attack about 2 months ago.... could it be related? She is only 1 year old
Hi , I believed stress was not related however I think stress affects everything on a chicken , do you remember the last time you used products like against worms or any changes in appetite ? how often do you get them grit ? and what did you use before ? could also be change of supply ... or something else .

Hi , I believed stress was not related however I think stress affects everything on a chicken , do you remember the last time you used products like against worms or any changes in appetite ? how often do you get them grit ? and what did you use before ? could also be change of supply ... or something else .

I only started giving them oysters shells a few weeks ago. Other then that I don't feed them grit anymore . I guess maybe I should be? I have never used any worm products or anything like that .

Back
Top Bottom