Calcium to add to feed for layer hens

VanUnamed

Songster
5 Years
Jul 26, 2018
Romania
Hello.
I do mix my own feed = milled grains + concentrate + water (slop). I added finely crushed eggshells in the feed for the layers, but i am runing out. I found this supplement but i am confused a bit.
Ca C O3 – 98% - Mg O – 0,8% and it says that for layers you need to add 9.5%. That would mean, that on one hundred pounds of feed, I would need to add 9 and a half pounds. I am confused because it seems way, way too much??? isn't usually layer's feed 3% calcium?
thanks
CALCIU-1-KG.jpg

Hello.
I do mix my own feed = milled grains + concentrate + water (slop). I added finely crushed eggshells in the feed for the layers, but i am runing out. I found this supplement but i am confused a bit.
Ca C O3 – 98% - Mg O – 0,8% and it says that for layers you need to add 9.5%. That would mean, that on one hundred pounds of feed, I would need to add 9 and a half pounds. I am confused because it seems way, way too much??? isn't usually layer's feed 3% calcium?
thanks
CALCIU-1-KG.jpg
The Ca C O3 is calcium carbonate. It contains 40% Calcium. So 9.5% contains 3.8% calcium. 9.5 pounds calcium carbonate contains 3.8 pounds calcium.
Most Layers feed in my country contains 3.5% to 4.5% of calcium Ca. GC
20190921_062117_resized.jpg
20190921_062028_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom